2007 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 102013

Civic 4-cyl

Engine block cracked allowing all coolant to drain. The engine shut off, making steering very difficult at interstate speed. Vehicle was disabled on the interstate shoulder barely out of the roadway. Engine block got so hot that the head was too warped to be repaired and had to be replaced also.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Jun 212013

Civic 4-cyl

Had all antifreeze on ground when I went to drive car home from work. Took it to mechanic who stated I had cracked engine. Took to dealer who stated it was cracked but still under warranty but they had to keep until Friday and today is Monday.

- Winder, GA, USA

May 132013

Civic 4-cyl

I live in Arizona and my car is immaculate. I took my car in to have two service bulletins fixed: 3rd gear pops out/ grinds and knocking noise from front when turning. I thought Honda dealer or american Honda Corp. Would come thru and fix what was inadequately designed/built. The dealer treated me like I was an idiot, and Honda Corp. Said I should have known and reported the problem under warranty. $1700 for 3rd gear, and they denied there was a knocking noise from front end. I didn't even complain about my rear tires wearing badly because they wont wreck my car, like the transmission and engine mount problems. Do they think I'll trade the car into Honda, so I wont have to deal with the problems, and buy a new car from them? I like my sporty Civic, but no, I wont give them my money. Very disappointed in what use to be a good car company.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Feb 012013

Civic 4-cyl

The car overheated and engine light came on. The car had a cracked engine block that Honda admitted is a defect of this model car but they are only covering repair for people who come in with a problem. The dealership supposedly replaced the cracked engine block with a new one. The engine light has come on 3 additional times in the past month since the engine block was replaced. The first time we were told it was the oxygen sensor and paid approx. $380 for repairs because they claim it had nothing to do with the initial problem. Less then an hour after getting the car back the light came on again. This time they said that there was dust on a sensor do to the work they did. They claimed to repair it for no charge. They said they drove it for 20 miles with no problem. Again within an hour of getting the car back the engine light has come on for a 4th time.

- Carbondale, IL, USA

Mar 282013

Cracked engine block...

- Forked River , NJ, USA

Mar 122013

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the vehicle made a loud noise and began to shake as soon as it was started. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and the contact was informed that the front passenger side motor mount needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure and current mileage was 70,000. Updated 04-05-13

- Burlington, WA, USA

Nov 122012

The engine mounts are failing on this model of Civic. According to many online discussion forums, a lot of other users are having the same problem. This is causing excessive noise and vibration, especially when the vehicle is cold. My car has under 90,000 miles and I spent over $400 to replace them. I am surprised there has not been a recall issued for this by the manufacturer already and I believe that there should be a recall issued considering the high number of other reports of this failure on these models. Here are just some url links to some of the online discussion boards who are owners and technicians showing the widespread problem of defective motor mounts based on the number of 8th generation Honda Civics have the same problem:"T=2832175"T=2989384.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Dec 122012

Civic 4-cyl

Car was overheating as I was stopped, drove to Honda they said it's a cracked block that was consistent with this year I read up on many others on the internet - Honda is only handling if a problem arises and some Honda dealerships are trying to make the customer pay for the damage from their defective product is a class action lawsuit viable to protect Honda owners?

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 042012

Texas - was traveling down highway when car suddenly felt like a tire was going down. Quickly exited and car died as the temperature gauge showed vehicle was hot. Had no prior warning indication engine was hot. This total incident suddenly occurred and ended in less than 1 minute. Had vehicle towed to mechanic who maintains vehicle on a regular basis. Mechanic advised that engine was completely gone due to cracked block which also blew the head. Mechanic further advised that Honda had technical service bulletins reference this vehicle model with engine and cooling problems and had extended warranty for this problem. Vehicle was towed to local Honda dealer and Honda is replacing the whole engine because of this problem at no further cost to me. Very happy with my dealership.

- Vega, TX, USA

Oct 012012

Civic 4-cyl

Felt very strong vibration in steering wheel. All passengers felt the vibration also. Took vehicle to dealership and a broken motor mount was discovered. Had motor mount replaced for fear of vehicle breakdown.

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Sep 282012

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 30 mph, the contact noticed smoke emitting from under the hood accompanied by a burning odor. In addition, there was a sudden loss of power steering without any warning indicators being illuminated. The contact was able to drive to a safe location and the vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer who stated that the failure was contributed to a cracked engine block. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- West Chester , PA, USA

Jul 132012

Cracked engine block.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jul 092012

Civic 4-cyl

While driving our 2007 Honda Civic our air conditioner stopped working. Unfortunately when I took the Honda in for repair our warranty did not cover the condenser being damaged. A small hole was the culprit of the problem and ironic enough I am not the only one with this problem. Honda needs to fix these issues causing most of their vehicle going in for repairs that cost 500- 1000 to fix. I think it crap and its all over the forums something needs to be put in place to have this situation fixed it crap. Honda needs a recall to be done on these parts.

- Boise , ID, USA

Jun 232012

Civic 4-cyl

Have had problems with the ac since I've bought the car. Normally something small like the blower however this week it was the compressor. Have my car maintenance on a regular basis, overcharge of system is not possible, so I'm not sure why this compressor would be going out after only 5 years. Cost over $1200 to fix. Decided to research a little on this model and apparently this is something that is common on the 07 model. I believe Honda is aware of the faulty part and is not taking responsibility. I called and spoke with a gentleman who was very pleasant however this was obviously above his pay grade. He said if I had contacted them before I had the part fixed they might have helped. Honda needs to own up to this issue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA