2009 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic:

2009 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 012009

Civic

Hello, I have a 2009 Honda Civic. Evry time I drive it for more then an hour or so, the gear shift base where the N, rf etc is written, gets hot. Also, the instrument panel where the cd player is gets really hot. The dealer tells me it is ok, there is no problem. I find it hard to believe as I don't want to be on the hwy with my family and the car catches on fir or something. How could this be normal. Please help.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA