2009 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic:

2009 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 222011

I purchased a 2009 Civic in August of 2009. My car is now in the shop with less than 24K miles on the car in need of new brake pads and rotors. After researching the issues it seems that many '08 and '09 Honda owners, especially Civic owners, are having the same issue. The repair is not covered under any warranty and is a huge safety concern as well as a disappointment in the quality of manufacturing. I was told that this was "a normal problem" and not much concern was given over the safety of bad brakes at such an early age of a car.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 212010

While driving a 2009 hybrid Honda Civic in small town traffic, the car in front of me braked suddenly. When I depressed the brakes in the Honda, I got no response. The brakes did not engage. Fortunately, I was driving at low speed (25-35 mph) and engaged the hand brake (emergencia), which stopped the car in time to prevent the accident. I tried to use the car as little as possible since and will take it in for repairs today.

- Mayaguez, PR, USA