2009 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic:

2009 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 082010

Bought 2009 Honda Civic with 5 miles on it. Have had intermittent starting problems where the car will not crank over or "catch". brought it to dealers attention and they had the car in for 2 days trying to figure out the problem. They went through the car and replaced "something" but I was not told what it was nor was I given paper work. Car seemed to be fine for the summer. Now that weather is cooling off, car is experiencing same intermittent starting problems. Call dealer to report it again and was asked if the car had gas in it.....seriously? I responded yes and that it was the 2 nd time in 4 days that it would not start, seems to be an issue when the car sits for more than 3 hours. Car will not crank over after several attempts. Last incident lasted more than 2 minutes of trying to start engine. No warning lights come on the dashboard and it is not a battery issue. I have yet to have the dealer correct this issue. I have been told that my key chain was too heavy, that I should only crank it for max 15 seconds and then wait and try again, turn key to accessory and wait a few seconds. I have taken off all "heavy" items off my key chain, changed to the spare key and yet nothing seems to resolve. Have also been told I have bad gas in vehicle.

- Rochester , NY, USA