2010 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

May 192012

Civic 4-cyl

Need front rotors and pads - totally destroyed with all highway driving and less mileage than any other car ever owned. $466.57 with no warranty. Ludicrous that this would occur at this mileage. Could have been a major accident with no warning.

- Warren, NJ, USA

Jul 282011

Civic 4-cyl

I leased our brand new 2010 Honda Civic on 05/31/2010. Primarily I used the vehicle to commute from/to work. I am a very responsible driver and took a good care of the vehicle changing oil regularly, check liquids, etc. While driving on a highway on a sunny dry day on 07/28/2011 in the left lane with average speed 40 mph, the traffic ahead of me slowed down and I applied brakes and the brakes failed (did not work). I heard a metal sound and pushed a pedal stronger. I think the vehicle probably did not slow at all. I turned left to a shoulder in attempt to stop a vehicle and avoid a direct collision with a vehicle in front of me. I believe I could get much worse injuries if I had not done this turn. Driving in a shoulder I pushed the brake pedal as hard as I could and tried to straighten my car's trajectory and stop it in a shoulder, but my car fishtailed out of control, consistently deviating to the left where concrete highway divider was and did not stop. Very loud noise was coming out of the front of the vehicle all the time since I applied brakes, which prove that the brakes failed. I constantly tried to straighten it until my car collided in to the vehicle in the left lane. A result of this was a four car accident and eight body injuries including myself. And the worst part was my insurance company consider it to be my fault!!! I called Honda several times asking them to take the vehicle for brakes inspection because obviously there was something very wrong with my vehicle. And it most likely was a manufacturing defect which can cause more accidents/injuries in the future. After the accident a car was not drivable. They advised me to hire a tow truck $150 on my own expense and bring a car there and have paid checkup, which can be anything between $500 and $2,000. My car was 18K miles when the accident happened. Be careful with that car!!!

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA