2010 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Civic:

2010 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jul 012016

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. While the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle accelerated. The brake pedal was depressed with force to stop the vehicle. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 56,716.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Feb 022016

Civic

I have been forced to replace the front and rear numerous times since purchasing this vehicle.

- Moore, OK, USA

May 012016

Civic

I bought my Honda Civic brand new in 2010 and I had to change both front and rear brakes three times already, and now I need to change my front disc and brakes again! I also have machine turned the rotors once and now I have to replace the front rotors because recently on highway driving, when I need to use my brakes, the car wobbles and shakes. I was told by an auto mechanic that it's my front rotors that need to be replaced. I only have a little over 58,000 miles on my car and mostly highway driving! my son has a 2009 Honda Civic and he only had to change his brakes once since buying the car new!! I understand there's lots of complaints about the 2010 Civic's brakes and this has to be a recall that Honda need to address! I do not have a job and this is costing me unnessesary expense that I can't afford!

- San Bruno, CA, USA

May 132016

Civic

Like I keep reading...I've had to replace my brakes on my Civic multiple times too. This is my first Honda, but I have had VW, Toyota/Scion and I never had an issue like this with my brakes, so I know it is not due to my driving abilities. If I knew about the additional brake expense that I would incur, I would have not purchased a Honda product.

- Middle River, MD, USA

Jan 242014

Civic

Since purchasing my Civic in 2013, I have had to replace the front brakes twice, once in January, 2014 and again in February 2016. The brakes began grinding and slowly stopped working over a very short amount of time. This vehicle is not driven in stop-and-go traffic very much, mostly highway travel and so twice in 3 years is at least once too much and if you figure that is it only 6 years old, even twice is too many.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Sep 242011

Civic

I had to replace the brakes on my Honda a year after purchase. No matter what breaks I replace them with the brakes seam to wear-out very fast. Since my purchase in 2010 I have replaced the breaks on the Honda several times (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), it almost seams to be needing replacement every year. Also since 2013, the paint on the car seams to be pealing, cracking, and has became very cloudy. I will not purchase a Honda again.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Feb 132016

Civic

If you apply your brakes harder than gentle, the brakes will feel like they are skipping. You almost need to stop apply the brakes before it goes away. I've owned a Honda Accord 1993 for over 20 yrs and never experienced this. If I knew what I know today, I would have never bought another Honda!

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Apr 162013

Civic

As mentioned by other owners, I had to replace my brakes in -25000 miles where as a former Honda Accord owner, I replaced the brakes every -55-60K. The quality and safety of the 2010 brake system is very unsafe especially since I took the car -25000 miles to the westminster Honda world and they didn't even catch it! moreover not even within warranty period!

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Oct 122015

Civic

I have had many automobiles over my almost 60 years of driving. I do not remember having brakes replaced at less then 35,000 miles of use, & have gone as much as 60,000 before needing replacement. My current Honda Civic 2010 now needs brakes at 16, 000 miles something is radically wrong with my car as manufactured to make this early replacement necessary.

- Haverford, PA, USA

Feb 212015

Civic

Brakes need to changed around 10 K miles each time. Dealership said there is no issue on the brakes and couldn't tell me why I need too change it so often. Per other Civic users, there may be something that made the brake wear so quickly. There is no reason why the brakes so wear quickly. I believe it should be recall.

- Weymouth, MA, USA

Mar 312015

Civic

The breaks were changed in the front at about 30,000 miles and the car now has 65,000. A day after the breaks were changed, at a dealership, they began to squeal very load. I have taken the car back 4 times to complain about the noise. Each time they told me that they sanded the breaks lightly and put stop squeak on. Not more than a few days after each incident the problem continued. The breaks tend to make this ear splitting sound on decline and at low rates of speed. Hot or cold does not seem to matter. This problem happens about 70% of the time when breaking. The car is used 50%/50% for city and freeway driving. 40% of which is traffic. I just want this problem to stop. Also sun visor no longer will stay up. Annoying.

- Northridge , CA, USA

Mar 142014

Civic

My brakes make a whistling riming loud sound. Sounds like a belt. This should definitely be a recall. What has happened to Honda I had another Civic for 15years never had a problem this one has been nothing but problems please fix.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 122015

Civic

Every 9,000 to 10,000 miles rear brake pads worn out prematurely causing rotors to lock up without warning. I believe this issue occurred on almost all 2010 Honda Civic. In normal driving condition brake pads should last at least 30,000 miles in compare to other major car manufactures. Please investigate this with Honda and find a remedy for the fix.

- La Mirada, CA, USA

Nov 052014

Civic

After purchasing my 2010 Honda Civic, within a month after putting 5,000 on my Honda Civic I had to replace the brakes, brakes are faulty, ive went thru 2 brake jobs within a year and only 12,000 miles.......need to recall the brakes.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Nov 202013

Civic 4-cyl

Premature brake pad wear. Had to replace front brake pad at 24,022 miles.

- Stafford, TX, USA

Sep 032013

Civic 4-cyl

It started as a scraping noise located on the right side of the wheel, on the fourth day the noise was overwhelmingly loud, scraping sound even though my speed was under the limit. I took my car to ntb for repair and was shocked! replaced disc brake pads, brake shoes, two rotors even though the one looked smooth they both hsd to be replaced.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 242014

Civic 4-cyl

Today, 9/24/2014, I had to replace my front brakes for the second time and the car has only 46,147 miles on it. My wife and I drive the car very carefully and we don't live in a mountain area. First time we changed the brakes was at 10,000 miles. I chose Honda Civic because of previous Honda I had, and none of the previous Honda had brakes issues like our 2010 Civic. I had a 2008 Civic which I leased at that time, and I exited the lease at 36,000 miles without having to change the brakes once! I feel that my 2010 Civic has a defective brakes and the service department where I had my car serviced at said they heard similar complaints. Honda needs to put the safety of their clients ahead and admit of their faulty brake pads and issue a recall on the 2010 Honda Civic. Thank you!

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Sep 122014

Civic 4-cyl

Vehicle has grinding noise. Brought to Honda (norm reeves Honda/huntington beach) dealership. Found that left front sensor broke off. Issue: Why would a brake pad early warning device (sensor break off). Left side broke completely, the right side was half broke. Is this a safety issue? my daughter was driving this vehicle and there was no indication that brakes are compromised. It also caused extra cost by causing rotors to be replaced.

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA

May 162013

Civic

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Civic. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the brakes failed. The brake pedal was applied and failed to stop the vehicle as a result the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 41,365.

- Natick, MA, USA

Nov 172012

Civic 4-cyl

I was told that my brakes were gone at approximately 30K miles. There was no indication that there was a problem or an issue. New front brakes were installed. Then as of June 2014, with only 23K miles on this set I again had to replace the front brakes. No warning lights or indicators. No squealing to indicate that there is a problem. I'm very nervous now because there is no way to tell if the brakes are going. I deem this to be an extreme hazard and no longer feel safe.

- Franklin, TN, USA