2011 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Civic:

2011 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 042015

Civic

I called Honda customer care and they told me that the problem that I am experiencing is not covered any longer under the warranty. When I turned left, a clunking noise can be heard, at first I thought it was a drive axle. Brought to the dealer, charged me a diagnostic fee and they confirmed that it is not an axle problem. They told me that it is a bump stop problem, I have two older Honda vehicles and I did not have this problem. Honda struts are mediocre and low in quality. The second problem that I have is evap mil (P2422). As per tsb, this needs to be fixed as well on this same car.

- Stratford, CT, USA

Mar 222013

Civic 4-cyl

Vehicle rollover crash. Fire seems to be from a recalled fuel valve. If my family burnt alive in that vehicle I would have a sick vendetta for those responsible for the non reporting of safety concerns to me as an insured driver. Including but not limited to all parties involved or responsible. This is a child safety concern. Children can be burned alive due to this hazard of engineering designed to cause total destruction for profiting purposes. The technologies at hand are too great for this type of absolute incompetence to occur. Honda should be barred from doing business in the us until such issues are addressed.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 262012

Civic 4-cyl

Brakes beginning to squeak again. Brakes replaced two times since purchase of car- 2011 new Honda Civic. This will be the third attempt to correct brakes! dealership was unable to "duplicate" issue of acceleration while at the dealer so the car was not repaired. Automatic door locks were locking on their own, dealer fixed.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 252012

Civic 4-cyl

(ODI number) is: 10464481 already on file. Automobile is at dealership, no rental car provided as promised by american Honda corporate office. Dealership is stating that unless the duplication happens while the automobile is at their location; nothing can be done? car is accelerating at stop lights while foot is on brake, and car will not accelerate at times when the gas pedal is applied. Doors are automatically locking.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA