2013 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Civic:

2013 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 132016

There is a leak from the gas tank on the 2013 Honda Civic. ~ 33000 miles are on the Honda Civic. Many different sources of ignition could cause a fire, or potentially an explosion. The vehicle was stationary when I determined there was a leak. Car was towed back to dealer: Curry Honda, chamblee, ga 30341

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Jul 292016

Vehicle hesitates under acceleration. Sometimes almost stalling. I feel this is not safe for my son at times. Merging etc. I called Honda service and they said they have had this issue come up with other people. They said it had to do with the econ mode. I drove the car with it off and still does it at times. Very concerned. I am taking it in to find out what is going on. Not good!

- Loveland, OH, USA

Apr 242014

Mileage consistently 20.8, far low than represented with conservative driving. Dealer test drive 50 mpg. Other dealer represents all test drives come back 50 mpg. Alleging fraud by Honda on test drives (maybe similar to VW exhaust testing). Called Honda hq, only told they will document complaint, but had to insist to give VIN again as customer service person claimed accidentally deleted when I asked if he could id who make the complaint. My previous Honda, Accord V6 got better mileage. Purchased vehicle new April 2014.

- West Hollywood, CA, USA

Nov 012013

You can hear fuel sloshing around in fuel tank when tank is full when stopping, going from a stop, going up or down a driveway very annoying. Has been happening since the car was brand new

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jan 082014

Wthile driving and slowing to make a left turn at a flashing yellow light intersection and being an automatic transmission, I drive two footed, for quicker response time. Upon stepping on accelerator the vehicle hesitates for 3-4 seconds before picking up speed. When taken to the dealer, I am told it is a 2 footed driver issue and nothing they can be done. I have left it 24 hours and been told, 'no problem found'. I have had to change my habits to allow for it. It is intermittent, and if it is a 2 footed issue, why intermittent" I have not have not changed to 1 foot driving" should be always. I am highly considering getting a different brand vehicle. I do not feel safe in this one.

- Henderson, NV, USA

May 152015

Car wouldn't start upon inspection fuel line was split down the middle. Noticeable fuel leakage & you can smell the rubber hose burning.

- St Louis , MO, USA

Dec 092013

Civic 4-cyl

Being male and capable of driving standard shift, I drive 2 footed. This vehicle is an automatic transmission with drive by wire feature. Left on brake, right on accelerator. When accelerating from a stop or a slow to make a left turn, the vehicle does not move as expected, it seems to delay competing the turn, and even does it when trying to pass a vehicle on the fwy. It is an intermittent occurrence. I have taken it back to the dealer and they say they can not find any problem. I would like to leave it with them for one week and have the mechanic drive it for one week to and from work. But I do not want to pay for a rental during the time. I will do so if there is no trouble found by the region service manager. But otherwise I would like the dealership to pick up the rental. I now have had it for about 16 months and have had to adjust my driving habits to compensate for the delay in order to avoid a crash. Other wise I have had good service from the dealership. I now have approximately 10, 300 miles on the vehicle. Thank you.

- Henderson, NV, USA

May 302013

Civic 4-cyl

Do not use econ button. Occasionally upon applying gas pedal to make a turn or go forward at stop sign, engine stalls leaving me without go power at the mercy of oncoming traffic.

- Covington, LA, USA

May 012014

Civic 4-cyl

This problem was not evident during the pre-purchase test drive because the vehicle did not have the gas tank full. However, upon driving the vehicle off the dealer lot post purchase, and during the entire subsequent ownership period, the vehicle exhibited relatively loud thud / knocking noise coming from the rear/fuel tank area upon stopping in urban driving conditions with gas tank full to half empty. The sound was of a sloshing liquid in a container (fuel?), evident in low speed braking and/or going over speed bumps. This is very annoying and completely ruined my ownership experience with Honda. I never experienced anything like this with similar models made by competition (Nissan Sentra and mazda3) and owned by me prior to buying 2013 Honda Civic. I would not recommend and, most likely, would not purchase Honda vehicles myself.

- Albany, CA, USA