2014 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Civic:

2014 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 302016

When the engine is running gas is pouring out from underneath the gas tank..the gas tank is next to the exhaust pipe.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Oct 012014

Purchased new 09/2014 pohanka Honda of fredericksburg, va. When accelerating after a slow down or stop, this car will often hesitate, or stall, sometimes will not accelerate at all momentarily, when I press the gas pedal harder it surges forward suddenly. Ithe service department said that I must get accustomed to this new type CRV transmission. Next they told me to change the manufacturer of the gasoline. Then I was told they could find no fault with this car and to continue to report any problems. I have driven many cars in my life and have never experienced this type problem and not be able to correct it. While I continue to drive this car, I am very leery about its performance especially the surging. We have had this car thirteen months and my wife has only driven it two times. My passengers have asked me many times what is the problem. I am very afraid this car will get out of control and hurt someone.

- Montross, VA, USA

Dec 142014

Was traveling about 25 mph on South las vegas boulevard in las vegas, Nevada, went to accelerate around a car and pushed the gas pedal down to the floor to kick it into another gear. The engine revved up and the pedal wouldn't come off the floor even when I tried to pry it off with my foot.. the car continued to rev uncontrollable until I put it in neutral and shut the car off as I traveled down the road. I pulled into a parking lot. There, at a stop, I started the car, put it in neutral, pushed the gas pedal to the floor to see if it would do it again and the car revved up. I let my foot off the gas, and the car continued to rev up with the pedal not returning back towards me-stuck to the floor board again. I had to shut it off again to release the pedal and stop the revving.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA