2015 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Civic:

2015 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Feb 052016

I first purchased a 2015 Honda Civic and started hearing this "grinding/creaky" when I pushed down on my brakes, coming from my rear. Don't get me wrong, I am able to use my brakes as I wanted, but when I pushed down on the brakes to put in gear or just pushed down a little too hard, I would hear this noise. Also I noticed, whenever I had a full tank of gas (took me a while to figure this out), I would hear this "thumping" noise. If I do not have gas in my car, I do not hear the noise. I went back to the dealership a total of 3 times. The mechanics told me these were not normal noises, they tried to diagnose my car, if kept my car the last time for 5 days but was unable to get the sound to really go away. I even tired to take it to another Honda dealership to get my car looked at, but I was told, "to take my car back where I bought it from because its clear there is a problem, and they didn't want their techs name on it". I was shocked. I went back to the original dealer and they even called the american Honda technicians who were of no help. I was fed up and felt unsafe in my car, since I was being told these were not "normal" noises, I asked to trade in my car (same exact year/model). Despite test driving the second car (on an empty gas tank), I didn't hear any noises initially. But now its been a few days and I hear the exact same noises in this car, as I did the first one. I have no idea what to do. I just want a car that does not make any of these noises. I just traded in my car to receive this one I am currently driving on 2/5/16. I have yet to go back to the dealership to let them know of these noises on the 2nd car, because I fear being jerked around again. I reached out to corporate and received a case manager named robin who has yet to get back to me and never returns phone calls. I am desperate to find out these noises.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Sep 162015

Purchased car with 136 miles on it. Noticed the brakes made a popping sound when pedal was depressed, also a noise was heard when the car was put into different gears. Took it in several times and was told nothing is wrong. Maybe you are pressing to hard on the brakes.third month in I went back again for the gear shift noise and was told thats just how these Civics sound.

- Hemet, CA, USA

Oct 032015

Driving under 30 mph in a residential area a cat crossed my path. I swiverd to the right scrapped a parked car and hit my breaks hard and my front axle went out. The front right tire practically came out leaving the car wrecked

- Panorama City, CA, USA