2015 Honda Civic drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Civic:

2015 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 142016

Sticking drive by wire throttle body system, when shifting clutch is not releasing right or to the vehicle specs on the vehicle and engine vibration when idling. When starting to drive, vehicle engine vibration when driving on normal road an highway too.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

Dec 012015

Purchased 2015 Honda Civic (special edition) in Nov, 2015. When driving the vehicle at any speed (highway or streets), when I take off my foot from the accelerator, the car "kicks" a bit, like there's something going on with the transmission. It does it more often when driving the streets. Then when accelerating, it does not feel that it's changing gears properly. It "kicked" once on the highway and was pretty loud. I'm not a mechanic so it's hard for me to describe what is happening. I thought the car was just "breaking itself in" so I was not concerned. But my boyfriend says it sounds like something with the power train/drive shaft. I looked up any recent recalls on 2015 Civics and there is one for the power train. I contacted the dealer but was advised my car is not affected in the recall. Maybe not, but it's doing the same thing as what the recall describes. I'll be taking it in for them to look at on Dec 30th, 2015.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 162015

Purchased car with 136 miles on it. Noticed the brakes made a popping sound when pedal was depressed, also a noise was heard when the car was put into different gears. Took it in several times and was told nothing is wrong. Maybe you are pressing to hard on the brakes.third month in I went back again for the gear shift noise and was told thats just how these Civics sound.

- Hemet, CA, USA

Oct 272015

Noticed a shudder with vehicle during 1st week of purchase. Thought it was a little weird since being a new car. Assumed that it was an isolated incident with regards to break in of vehicle. 2nd week of ownership on my way to work, noticed the shudder multiple times during stop and go traffic. This shudder later transitioned into a knock or pinging of some sort while jerking and accelerating on its own without any driver input. Very scary at this off the freeway and parked then turned the vehicle off. Upon start up, vehicle still idling violently. Had to get to work so just braked most of the way and drove with added caution. After work, car behaved normally on my way home with econ and air con both off. Shudder is still present to this day during light to moderate acceleration at 30 - 40 mph. I am fearful of using the econ and air con together as this worsens the problem. Honda and the public needs to know about this.

- Sun City, CA, USA

Apr 262015

I purchased a 2015 Honda Civic ex with a cvt. I can reliably reproduce a problem with the continuously variable transmission (cvt) stutters or jerks when gradually accelerating at in-town speeds (e.g., 10-40 mph). It happens most often when going from a slow speed (e.g., 10-20 mph) and gradually accelerating. A rear end collusion could take place due to the hesitation of acceleration. I took it to the della Honda dealership in New York state, but Honda has not issued any technical service bulletins (tsb); so they were unable to repair the problem. In other words, the dealership service department was unable to determine the necessary action to troubleshoot or diagnosis the trouble without assistance from Honda. The dealership service department hooked up my car to the diagnostic tools and no service codes or out-of-spec messages appeared, so they said this is normal. There has been a lot of complaints about this particular trouble with the cvt, but Honda is resisting to acknowledge the trouble. I had to pay out of pocket for changing the transmission fluid with a brand new vehicle with only 4,864 miles on it and it appeared to resolve the trouble.

- South Glens Falls, NY, USA