2016 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 262016

Civic

The Honda Civic was in the driveway with the emergency brake set when it was parked. The vehicle has a manual transmission. A few hours later the car alarm was going off and when I went to look to see what was going on I discovered that the car had rolled down the drive and into a telephone pole. The police in my jurisdiction do not take accident reports for accidents on private property therefore a police report was not taken. After the incident I found that there was a active recall involving the emergency brake. When I bought the car on October 8, 2016 I was told there was a "do not sell" note in the computer system due to the recall. The dealer said they could do the download while we did the paperwork. After this incident involving the wreck the car was taken to a local dealer who checked the download and confirmed that the download was up to date. The car was taken back to the dealer two days later to have the brake system inspected which the dealer stated that there were no codes found in the system. This was done at the advice of Honda customer service. Honda customer service contacted me today and stated that at this time they recommend proceeding with an insurance claim. I stated that I thought that since there was an active recall and the recall had been performed on the vehicle and the emergency brake still failed that they would want to take the car to look at. I was told that they would look at the dealer reports and if they found something they would contact me back which seems dangerous to me. What's to say the brake won't fail again and next time there may be someone behind it or in front of it.

- Taylorsville, KY, USA

Dec 032016

Civic

I filed just moments ago but entered the wrong photos. These are more clear. The lights were on the entire time. They just don't show.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Dec 032016

Civic

Following my wife after a recall on her car, it began to rain lightly. Knowing we were entering a 75mph turnpike, I phoned her to advise her to turn on her lights. She did. At the stop light before getting on the turnpike, all I could see were 2 tiny led bulb types on both sides. As she began to reach speed, she got 10-15 car lengths ahead of me. We knew the factory spoiler causes a vortex behind her car as we wipe off black powder that builds on the back of her car each day when she comes home from work. I've never driven behind her let alone in the rain. With the vortex creating a boiling spray, and the tiny led bulbs, I could not see her at all. Just a spray. No lights. At our exit close to home, as she took off, I could not see her tail lights even 5 car lengths back. It was day time I forgot to mention but cloudy and as stated, light rain. I could see her brake as the brake lights use a common bulb. Again, with the lights in the on position, the only time I saw her tail light was in the garage. The vehicle has two issues. The spoilers create a spray of water reducing visibility of the backbof her car in the rain or fog to zero. Honda even shows photos with their lights on. Tiny angled led's pointing up and in. And not nearly bright enough to be seen in rain. Heavy rain or dense fog, could be catastrophic. My wife drives I-40 & I-44 to and from work daily. 13 miles. She's had the car just a few months. I am concerned each morning. She currently leaves when it's dark. I'm worried about the spring rains and dawns early light wheather she will be seen. As stated earlier, the spoilers cause the turbulence or vortex behind the car. The lights are too small and lumens not strong enough to be seen. Photos below will show on city streets and in our driveway. The photos I took from my phone the last few blocks home and into the garage. This is bad! she loves this car

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Feb 282016

Civic

I leased the Honda Civic 2016 at woodland hills Honda. It was after leasing date, within 24-48 hours time, I returned to the car dealership to explain that I did not have an understanding that the Honda Civic 2016 did not come with a cd player and only offered an auxiliary cord outlet to work the entire sound system by my cell phone. The car dealership explained that they were unwilling to help me with a new car unless I wanted to pay more money but I could not get a new car at the same price. I argued for months with the dealership that being forced to work the audio system and run my maps for navigation through my cell phone posed a serious threat of distracted driving. The car is built in such a way, that the driver is only given an option to use the cell phone to operate audio and navigation. The way that the car is built, without the cd player, and only an auxiliary cord to plug into my phone to work the sound system interface conflicts with the California anti-texting law vc 23123.5. being forced to work my sound system and maps for navigation on my cell phone is the same spirit as to what and why this is against the law. It is distracted driving. Salesmen are not clearly explaining that you are buying a car with no cd player and you need to work your music from your cell phone. There is also more confusion at the point of sale because there are other cars that come with both the aux cord and also the cd player such as the Honda Accord 2016 Pilot for example. When I purchased the vehicle, I believed I was buying a car with both the aux cord and the cd player. Later, is when I learned, I leased the vehicle with only the aux cord option. I requested to end my contract on numerous occasions as I believed the car was a police magnet. I don't want to drive a car that makes me do something to attract officers. This is a safety and legal concern. Ticketed on 8/31/16.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

May 012016

Civic

I purchased a Honda Civic LX on 5-1-16, my test drive was approximately 10 minutes long and I did not experience any pain. My drive home from the dealership was approximately 30 minutes long. By the time I arrived home my arms and legs were numb, I had pain in my sacral, lumbar, and cervical spine areas. I had just traded in my 2016 Honda fit purchased O 3-3-16 at a $4,000 dollar loss due to sever back pain and extremity numbness while driving the salesman told me the reason the Honda fit 2016 seats were so bad was do to the fact that they are made in Mexico. I am 5'3" and I weigh 122 lb. I do yoga almost every day and consider myself physically fit. I have no history of back pain. The seat bottom is so low and short that I have nothing under my thighs for support and the angle of the seat floor is so sever that my knees are up by the steering wheel and my buttocks is way down close to the floor. My knees are constantly hitting the center console and driver door when turning or hitting bumps in the road. I have been a loyal Honda car owner for many years and am shocked by this dangerous geometrical error in ergonomics that Honda is marketing. My response time could be severely hindered do to the hazarous interior set up of this 2016 Civic LX.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA