2016 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Feb 282016

I leased the Honda Civic 2016 at woodland hills Honda. It was after leasing date, within 24-48 hours time, I returned to the car dealership to explain that I did not have an understanding that the Honda Civic 2016 did not come with a cd player and only offered an auxiliary cord outlet to work the entire sound system by my cell phone. The car dealership explained that they were unwilling to help me with a new car unless I wanted to pay more money but I could not get a new car at the same price. I argued for months with the dealership that being forced to work the audio system and run my maps for navigation through my cell phone posed a serious threat of distracted driving. The car is built in such a way, that the driver is only given an option to use the cell phone to operate audio and navigation. The way that the car is built, without the cd player, and only an auxiliary cord to plug into my phone to work the sound system interface conflicts with the California anti-texting law vc 23123.5. being forced to work my sound system and maps for navigation on my cell phone is the same spirit as to what and why this is against the law. It is distracted driving. Salesmen are not clearly explaining that you are buying a car with no cd player and you need to work your music from your cell phone. There is also more confusion at the point of sale because there are other cars that come with both the aux cord and also the cd player such as the Honda Accord 2016 Pilot for example. When I purchased the vehicle, I believed I was buying a car with both the aux cord and the cd player. Later, is when I learned, I leased the vehicle with only the aux cord option. I requested to end my contract on numerous occasions as I believed the car was a police magnet. I don't want to drive a car that makes me do something to attract officers. This is a safety and legal concern. Ticketed on 8/31/16.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

May 012016

I purchased a Honda Civic LX on 5-1-16, my test drive was approximately 10 minutes long and I did not experience any pain. My drive home from the dealership was approximately 30 minutes long. By the time I arrived home my arms and legs were numb, I had pain in my sacral, lumbar, and cervical spine areas. I had just traded in my 2016 Honda fit purchased O 3-3-16 at a $4,000 dollar loss due to sever back pain and extremity numbness while driving the salesman told me the reason the Honda fit 2016 seats were so bad was do to the fact that they are made in Mexico. I am 5'3" and I weigh 122 lb. I do yoga almost every day and consider myself physically fit. I have no history of back pain. The seat bottom is so low and short that I have nothing under my thighs for support and the angle of the seat floor is so sever that my knees are up by the steering wheel and my buttocks is way down close to the floor. My knees are constantly hitting the center console and driver door when turning or hitting bumps in the road. I have been a loyal Honda car owner for many years and am shocked by this dangerous geometrical error in ergonomics that Honda is marketing. My response time could be severely hindered do to the hazarous interior set up of this 2016 Civic LX.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA