1. temporary solution-go in through trunk on driver's side (1 reports)
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Jan 092008

Civic Hybrid

• CVT transmission

This is the second time the fuel-door latch broke. First time was after about 2 years--20k miles. This was fixed under warrantee, but was troubling, because I was very low on gas and could not fuel up. Honda dealer fixed it. I asked if there was any preventive maintenance to not have it happen again. They said no and I should not have any problems. Since the car is so high mileage, I'd guess I opened the fuel door only 20-30 times before it broke the first time. About two years later it broke again--out of warrantee. Called Honda service again, and the guy was real bitchy. I told him about my first occurrence, and he basically said, "stuff happens". So far, I still operate the door through the trunk. I checked on line and see that this is quite a common complaint. I can't believe that Honda can't reliably design such a simple mechanism.

- , Weston, MA, USA