2008 Honda Civic Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid:

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Owner Comments

Sep 132011

Civic Hybrid

• CVT transmission

This is my third Honda car. Never had same problem on previous ones.Has anyone same problem? If yes what is the solution.

- , Ankara, Turkey, Turkey

Jun 142011

Civic Hybrid LX

• CVT transmission

Car had Honda initiated update to IMA software. MPG dropped 8. IMA battery assist has not worked properly since the update. Took it back to the dealer, they said another update was done. Still have the problem, much worse mpg and the car will hardly climb steep hills. The IMA assist does not consistently work. Car had approximately 22000 trouble free miles until the IMA software update. I had to leave the car overnight at the dealer last trip and it's very inconvenient. My wife and I both hate to drive the Civic now and we used to love it. I do not think the dealer knows what the fix is.

- , Fayetteville, GA, USA

Aug 142010

Civic Hybrid

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, had IMA update, since then has had problems with acceleration up hill from a stop. Have taken it to the dealer 3 times, but of course they cannot get it to do what it does to me, very annoying. Last time in, Oct. 13, since has not done anything, but it took the vehicle about a week to start acting up again. So time will tell. They supposedly did nothing but hook it up to their diagnostic unit. It of course indicated that all is good with the vehicle. Husband seems to think it is a transmission problem. All I know is it was fine before the update and since I HATE my car! I want my old car back! Of course I have been told it will not happen because the computer has been wiped out of all the old stuff.

- , Bremerton, WA, USA