2007 Honda Fit body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Fit:

2007 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 012016

Fit

Driver's door lock will not open/close/lock with key. Lock will open/close with inside electrical switch. Passenger and back door works fine. Mileage is 65,000. Not every involved in an accident/ flood etc.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jan 012011

Fit

My car has leaked for 4 years now (three years after I bought it, used, I noticed the leak). It's the driver's side front and back doors that leak. I'm pretty sure the rubber seals that are supposed to keep the doors shut are leaking, but I can't find it. I just feel misting moisture coming from somewhere when it's pouring out and I'm driving, and the carpet is soaked through when it rains. It takes days to dry out. I thought the "door panel leak" recall was going to take care of it, but I think they just sealed the components in the door against a known leak. I'm not the only one with this problem; I checked online to see if there was a recall, but all I found was other people with moldy carpets and leaking doors. I keep a towel on the floor at all times, but now my seat is wet and it smells musty in the car all the time. A roll of papertowels will get completely waterlogged in about 10 minutes on the floor at anytime. I have never, ever had a wet car like this. It's like the window is always cracked, but the windows are operating just fine. I asked the dealer about it, and they tried to sell me a $400 "find the leak" package that I couldn't afford.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

May 042010

Fit

Water leaking into rear seat wells and spare well. Fixed 3 times by taping failed door plastic sheeting. Mold growing on carpet. Frame tested under carpet. Water now leaking into spare well as well. Mold removal needed to make car driveable. Car is a health hazard with 3 species of toxic mold present. Please recall as this problem is a common problem. New carpet needed new deals and door sheeting needed. This problem has been for going for 5 years. Dealer refused to fix under warranty.

- Lakewood, OH, USA

Jun 012015

Fit

Can not open drivers side door with the key. Passenger side door and ignition ok but concerned that the key will not work with the other door/trunk or ignition in the future. The failure of the key opening the drivers door presents a safety hazard in thecase of an emergency.

- Roslyn, NY, USA

Jun 042015

Fit

The vehicle leaks. Water accumulates in the spare tire compartment every time it rains.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 182014

Fit

Rear passenger side door leaks water every time it rains. Safety concerns are mold growth on carpeting, body rust from exposure to water, seats have also gotten wet when folded down into foot area (more mold), windows fog up because of extra humidity in the vehicle (impairing visibility), and could potentially also be causing damage to the electrical system from extra humidity. Have also found water in spare tire well in back of car, but I'm not sure where this entered the car. Asked a Honda dealer about this and they wanted to charge $200 just to diagnose the problem, which seems like a common issue judging by the amount of discussions in online forums.

- Watertown, MA, USA

Jan 252015

Fit 4-cyl

Standing water accumulates in the spare tire well after heavy rain.

- Milford, CT, USA

Oct 312013

Fit 4-cyl

After a very heavy rainstorm, we found standing water in the rear passenger side floor; the rear driver side floor was also very wet. We have taken the vehicle to our local dealership multiple times over the past 10 months. They have replaced the plastic sheeting inside the door several times and used different kinds of adhesive to attach the plastic sheeting. However, water is still leaking into the car whenever we get heavy rain (over 1 inch). The car is starting to smell moldy, because it is extremely difficult to get the carpet dry.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Apr 112014

Fit

Water leaked into the spare tire area causing the entire backseat floor area to be saturated with water causing mold and rust. The dealer had to seam seal the upper right side of roof. Rear tail light gasket had to be replaced because water was also coming in through the area.

- Rahway, NJ, USA

Mar 102014

Fit

Water is leaking and causing rust in the cavity where the spare tire sits. According to online research, this is common in the 2007-2008 Honda Fit. The water runs down along the inside panels and pools in the spare tire cavity. This has caused the spare tire and jack to become completely corroded and rusted. Water then spills from that cavity to the foot space of the back seat. The carpet becomes water logged. The seats, when folded down, become wet. The supports for the seats are rusted.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Feb 142014

Fit 4-cyl

The first time I noticed a problem was in Feb. 2014 when I entered my vehicle there was frost on the inside of my windshield. Since then I have been having frost or moisture on the inside of my windows when I enter my vehicle in the morning. I have had to vacuum the back floor on both sides after every rain storm. Mould is forming on the carpeting and the back seats. My main concern is my 5 & 7 year old grandkids who I have to Transport to and from school. Honda doesn't seem to want to address this problem. There doesn't seam to be a fix for this problem when I have check various web sites. I ran a test this morning by running water from a garden hose over the top of my Honda. I could see water running from the underside of both rear doors into the rear floors.

- Mashpee, MA, USA

Apr 182014

Fit 4-cyl

Water is leaking into trunk spare tire compartment and floor underneath rear seats, especially on the passenger side of the car. Took car to dealer for repair in the morning, left for entire day and was told that they could not diagnose the source of the water leak. Dealer told me I would need to bring back the car for further testing that could take a few hours and at least $300. I cannot afford to keep taking in the car for the entire day, paying a lot of money and not even have a guarantee the problem will be fixed. I have tried to seal a crack I found in the roof seam (based on information I could find online of other owners with a similar problem). If this does not fix the problem, I am not sure what I will do. Honda customer service was extremely unhelpful when I called them. They told me they could not do anything until the dealer found the source of the problem, but the dealer was not able to even do that!

- Harrison, NY, USA

Feb 012014

Fit 4-cyl

After heavy rain, water pools in the spare tire compartment of the trunk, the seeps into the carpet of the trunk and back seat, causing mold to grow. There appears to be a bad seal somewhere (hatchback, tail light, etc). This causes a serious health concern in addition to being a major nuisance.

- New Holland, PA, USA

Mar 162010

Fit

2007 Honda Fit major issues: Door seals do not keep out water which results in extremely saturated wet floor in the driver, rear, trunk and rear passenger area. The problem will eventually rust out the vehicle prematurely and is a liability and unsafe vehicle for long term use. With the wet interior comes mold and mildew that is very harmful to your health and not Fit for children or adults especially with asthma. Honda has not acknowledged this issue.

- Corona, CA, USA

Aug 072013

Fit

After it rains, water pools in the spare tire compartment in the hatchback. Does not seem to be breaching the seal around the hatchback. Suspect water is entering through tail light. This occurs with a moderate to heavy rain, or while washing the car.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Mar 132013

Fit

Water leaks into rear hatch and pools into the spare tire compartment.

- Madison, WI, USA

Apr 292013

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that water leaked into the trunk of the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Satellite Beach, FL, USA

Aug 262012

Fit

After an overnight torrential rain I realized that the back seat floor of my Honda Fit 2007 (behind the driver seat) had a puddle of water. I mean, a big puddle. No windows was left open and the car was never damaged. I used to park in a garage over night. So of course I never had the chance to experience this until I moved because I now have to park the car outside. And of course it is over 3 years old so the warranty won't cover it. I always took good care of the car and had all the service done on time. I called the dealership and they request $150 just to run a diagnosis. How many complaints will have to be filed for Honda to admit the problem"??" this is just unacceptable. And after reading all the other complaint I am now also getting worried about the health of my kid because of possible mold growth! how can Honda ignore this. I used to be very proud of my Honda Fit and loved it but I feel now that they are fooling us and if nothing is being made, Honda can be sure their brand won't be in my list once the time to buy a new car comes. And I will gladly let family and friends about this so they would not buy Honda as well. I know I am only one person and they probably won't care but they are endangering people's health and life and something must be done.

- Cranford, NJ, USA

Sep 142011

Fit 4-cyl

This car is leaking horrendously. I have to vacuum the flooring of this car several times a week to prevent mold from growing on the walls, flooring and seats of the vehicle. No after market work has been done and we have now had to remove all carpet and padding to prevent further mold infestation. This is an all too common and dangerous complaint for this vehicle (and this year specifically for this model). Honda refuses to address the issue and it is endangering the health of everyone who rides in my car on a daily basis. Please help - this has devalued my 5 year old car and made it a complete lemon!

- Ketchikan, AK, USA

Mar 142012

Fit

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Fit. The contact stated that water accumulated in the rear of the vehicle due to a leak. The spare tire was completely rusted. The contact took the vehicle to a local mechanic to locate the leak. The mechanic could not locate the leak so the vehicle was then taken to the dealer where the dealer advised that there was no leak. The contact stated that condensation accumulated whenever there was moisture in the vehicle. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA