2010 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Fit:

2010 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Dec 312014

Fit 4-cyl

The car was being pulled out of the driveway onto the street, at about 5 mph, when both the driver's and passenger's side airbags deployed. The car did not hit anything, and shows no visible damage. A police report was filed, in which the officer stated that there was no apparent reason for the airbags to have deployed.

- Mukwonago, WI, USA

Nov 282013

Fit 4-cyl

This is a follow up to my original complaint NHTSA id number: 10554185 now with this nationwide airbag recall I suspect my incident is related but am very concerned that after my complaint my vehicle does not appear on the recall list. Obviously since then I have repaired my vehicle but at my expense. After contacting this Agency, Honda headquarters in us and the Honda dealer at the time I got no help or guidance, and yet a year later there is this massive recall on airbags that took years and multiple stages and loss of life to come to light. At the time of my incident emergency response and police remarked that in all of their experience they had not witnessed the state of how and why my airbags deployed. Does this not raise a flag now? please help.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Aug 062014

I was driving my Honda Fit North on hwy 35 in alvin, Texas. When I rear ended a GMC canyon pickup truck. My car made a popping sound filled inside of car with smoke, my airbags had tried to deploy but did so internally, the driver and passenger seat belts didn't catch they came all the way out.

- Rosharon , TX, USA

Apr 092014

Fit 4-cyl

I was driving West devon with the speed limit 20, I was going at 5 to 08 miles or less, in a second I felt the car accelerate by himself, I tried to stop, the breaks did not respond and hit a car in front of me.the impact was like some one was pushing me, when I hit the car and I have my seat belt on, the air bag did not work, for the damage in my car the was soo bad that the whole front was damage so bad for the speed, that I am not sure if this car safe for my wife to drive.this is wake call for the safety of my family I am sure as soon the repair is done I will trade this car.this car is like driving with plastic metal. I saw in the internet Honda recall some Fit models.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 272013

Fit 4-cyl

As I was driving on the service road a vehicle in front of me stopped short, I steered my vehicle to the leftside of the road to avoid a collision. It was raining and the road was slick causing my car to go into a tail spin. I gained control of my car without making impact to anything and my driver side airbags deployed, although my airbags burst out they did not appear to inflate completely. Also my driver side seat belt completely came out of its track. I suffered a scratch/burn on the left side of my neck and a bruise below my right shoulder from the seatbelt. Ambulance and police were called to the scene. I have a police report, the police commented that they had never witnessed a similar situation of how and why my airbags and seatbelt were in that condition without skid marks or impact.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 172011

Fit 4-cyl

2011 Honda Fit (4 door model) struck sloped end of poorly lighted low conrete road construction barrier. Vehicle rolled over three times, landing upright. None of vehicle's airbags inflated.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 082011

Fit 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact was driving 30 mph when a vehicle crashed into the contact and the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle rolled over three times and was completely destroyed. The driver and passenger was transported to the hospital and sustained neck, head, face and chest injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a mechanic shop. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,000. Updated 06/30/11 the consumer stated smoke emitted from the vehicle. It would have caught on fire if there were gas. The roof joints were coming off the car. The roof was lifted to see the sky and the drivers side was shattered and pointed toward the driver. The rear driver side was completely out and the rear was smashed toward the front seats. Updated 07/01/11

- Springs, TX, USA

Aug 112010

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag indicated that the air bag was turned off without anyone or anything in the seat which should only occur when someone under 80 pounds was in the seat. The dealer inspected the vehicle and was unable to diagnose the failure. The dealer also replaced the seat, but the failure continued to occur. The failure mileage was 7000 and the current mileage was 8200.

- Cederberg, WI, USA