2010 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Fit:

2010 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 272016

Fit

The recall of this important safety part was issued in February it is now late September and I am unable to replace this part. No one at the dealership can tell me when this part will be in. My safety is at risk. I am very unhappy with the customer service regarding this recall.

- Glassboro, NJ, USA

Mar 152016

Fit

Takata recall I received a letter dated March 2016 about the recall. I called hertich Honda, easton, md on 5/5/2016 and was told that the part would not be available until summer. I called on 8/23/2016 and was told the part would be available in 2 - 3 weeks. I called on 9/23/2016 and was told the part was still not available. I live on the water in Maryland and have no garage so I am susceptible to airbag failure. This is not being handled as quickly as it should.

- Bozman, MD, USA

May 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 222016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- South Portland, ME, USA

Feb 122016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Whitman, MA, USA

Jul 252016

Fit 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 11/17/16 the consumer stated the passenger air bag was replaced. Updated 11/17/16.

- Concord, CA, USA

Fit 4-cyl

2010 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to lack of customer service at dealership with availability of driver airbag inflator replacement parts and loaner vehicle.

- Montpelier, VT, USA

Sep 062016

Fit

Takata recall our dealer has been telling us that we're 2 weeks from replacement for 14 weeks. I now suspect that they have no intention of respecting the recall, and am contacting any Agency that could help, including our state's consumer affair department and Honda of usa. It is a shocking treatment of such a critical matter!

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Fit

Safety recall letter dated March 2016 said I have a defective driver's airbag inflator and a recall is taking place. The letter goes on to say the remedy parts will be available summer of 2016. Here it is, 9-6-16 and I have not received the letter saying the parts have become available. What is going on?

- Lansing, MI, USA

Mar 182016

Fit 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/06/16 updated 10/13/16.

- Placerville, CA, USA

May 242016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Mar 082016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Manhasset, NY, USA

Feb 032016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Phoenix, MD, USA

Mar 142016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available. Updated 10/21/16

- Larchmont, NY, USA

Apr 092016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Maybrooke, NY, USA

Mar 262016

Fit 4-cyl

2010 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to unsatisfactory customer service at dealership - replacement parts not available to repair airbags recall notice.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Aug 092016

Fit

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign nujmber: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts for the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manuacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Gardena, CA, USA

Aug 082016

Fit

Takata recall - the story: During the last several years, we have checked online at all of the various web sites to see if this vehicle was under a recall for the airbags. Each time, we found that this car was not listed. In March of this year, we received a safety recall letter from Honda, regarding the front takata airbags. We took the car to the dealer, and they held it for several weeks, plus they provided us with a rental car, as the vehicle was "unsafe" to drive. When I picked up the car, I noticed on the work order that only the driver's side airbag was replaced. (I had assumed both front airbags would be replaced.) when I questioned the service rep, he simply said that the passenger airbag was not a part of the recall. In July, we received the 2nd recall letter from Honda, this time for the passenger air bag. When I called our service rep, he informed me that alternate transportation would not be provided! I called Honda customer service and spoke to several people. They all told me different things. The first one told me that the airbag would not deploy in an accident, due to a "sensor" in the passenger seat. When I checked out our car, it turns out that this is not true! the airbag will deploy, even if the seat is not occupied! our car does not have this "sensor" feature! after waiting several days for the promised "return call" from case management, I called Honda at 888-999-1009. Talked with a rep who told me that she could find no record of my ever having called, or any case set up and sent to case management! all of the previous reps had simply lied to me! now, I am simply waiting for a phone call, with a car that I cannot drive. It is unsafe. I need for Honda to talk to me, and make a decision. I can take them to court to recover the cost of a rental car, if necessary. Honda case no. 04897936.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Mar 082016

- Salem, WI, USA

Fit

Danger (even death can occur) regarding airbag on passenger side. Replacement not available until the fall. They will not give a loaner car in the interim

- Naples, FL, USA