2010 Honda Fit seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Fit:

2010 Honda Fit Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Mar 092016

Fit

I have been contacting heritage Honda in westminster md for over a year in response to a safety recall letter to repair my airbags, but was told the repair parts arent available. A year"?????? when will Honda repair the faulty airbag inflator" I feel my safety is in jeopardy. Thank you. Kathleen young 1303 judges court, eldersburg, md 21784 phone 410-549-4701

- Eldersburg, MD, USA

Jul 012016

Fit

Takata recall. Honda has not remedied this issue in a timely manner. I was told the matter would be handled in 2016 and it has not. It has been more than sixty days since I was notified of the recall and I have not been able to drive my car with a passenger, which is a tremendous inconvenience.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Feb 292016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Revere, MA, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mercer Island, WA, USA

Dec 012016

Fit 4-cyl

2010 Honda Fit. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver front airbag inflator recall notice.

- Woodland Park, NJ, USA

Dec 012010

Fit

I have called Honda numerous times but they have not replaced air bag yet.

- Saint Augustine, FL, USA

Dec 062016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jul 082016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Mar 142016

Fit

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Barnegat, NJ, USA

May 232016

Fit

Takata recall - it is now 6 months, but still did not receive notice from Honda to be able to schedule and have my car fixed.

- Pleasant Hill, CA, USA

Nov 092016

Fit

Takata recall per recall 16V-346 front passenger side airbag was replaced at grainger Honda 1596 chatham parkway, garden city, ga 31418 on November 9, 2016. The new inflator serial number is 25202210033709. NHTSA website has this recall listed as "incomplete" on my vehicle. Please confirm that the repair has been adequately performed and update my vehicle's record to show that it is "complete."

- Pooler, GA, USA

Jul 122016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Oct 222016

Fit

Takata recall. The dealership I contacted (on Aug 6, 2016) has not repaired the recall on the passenger seat airbag within a satisfactory time period. I have called twice and they have said my part has not yet become available. It has been over 60 days from the time I have first contacted them. Russell and smith Honda dealership, houston, tx 77054 (dealership phone number 713 481 3063).

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 152016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Oct 102016

Fit

Takata recall - I received the notice for the passenger airbag recall in July 2016 and called to follow up with the notice. I was told that the part would be in within a month, but have followed up multiple times regarding this because the part has been backlogged. It has been over 60 days since my initial phone call relaying my concern with the safety of this car. Honda has failed to remedy this situation within a reasonable timeframe. All they tell me each time I call is to wait until the part comes in. This is the only car that our family uses to commute to/from work, and seeing as how we have a full family, someone has to sit in the passenger seat. Being pregnant, I am concerned for my and my baby's safety. I do not appreciate expressing my concerns for my safety and Honda's response being to just sit and wait until the part comes in. They should be making more of an effort to fix this issue, especially since it is now October 2016. I am highly disappointed in Honda's service.

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Oct 062016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 01/06/17

- Garnerville, NY, USA

Mar 012016

Fit

Takata recall. Two letters from Honda but no remedy given.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Aug 152016

Fit

"tacit recall" I received a letter in the mail to contact nearest Honda dealership. I brought my car in for an oil change and asked about the recall and how to get it fixed. They said they didn't have the parts and just to keep calling because they had no idea when they would get the parts in. It has been 3 weeks of me calling and asking and still they have no information. I drive around my disabled father and this is very scary for the both of us.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

Feb 122016

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Feb 012016

Fit

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Fit. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags) was received. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Diego, CA, USA