2006 Honda Ridgeline transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Ridgeline:

2006 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Feb 022006

Ridgeline 6-cyl

Hesitation occurs consistently when speed is under 10 mph and then try to accelerate. Was leaving parking lot of convenience store rolling to exit stepped on the gas to get into traffic and truck hesitated for 2-3 seconds putting me into traffic with no power for those 2-3 seconds. Traffic had to brake for me. I believe this is a safety factor to be considered especially since I have two children usually with me. I had called Honda about this problem and they were familiar with it. If they were familiar why didn't they inform me of that before I spent $32,000 for the vehicle. When I test drove the truck I did not feel this hesitation as it started after I had 150 miles on it. They tell me it's drive by wire or something of this nature and basically have to live with it.

- Northfield, NJ, USA