2007 Honda Ridgeline electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Ridgeline:

2007 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Oct 252015

This issues has occurred 4 times in the past 3 months. Twice at highway speeds and twice at speeds below 10 mph. The issue seems to occur randomly. When it occurs the check engine light, vtm4 light, vsa light and a few other warning lights light up on the instrument panel. When this occurs the truck will slow down gradually with no response from the accelerate pedal. I have to pull to the side of the road turn off the truck and turn back on. The truck operates normally after it is turned backed on (check engine light stays on for about 100 more miles then turn off). I have safety concerns with this happening again on a busy highway.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jun 162014

Brake lockout switch failed. Truck would not shift since brake applied did not register through switch. Brake lockout switch was replaced. We took the failed brake lockout switch apart at the factory seam/keepers and it smelled like internals had melted and or burned, a smoke like smell. I still have the failed part in posession.

- Anthem, AZ, USA

Jun 102013

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact stated that the ignition became inoperable and failed to turn. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the vehicle needed a new ignition and key. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Ribera, NM, USA

Jul 152014

Ridgeline 6-cyl

The heater/ac blower motor quit working. Found the wire harness to the blower motor melted. Fire hazard!!!

- Littlefork, MN, USA

Nov 272012

Ridgeline 6-cyl

Started vehicle and noticed that both low beam headlights were not working. All other running lights were working (tail lights, parking lights, fog lights, turn signals, etc). High beam headlights were both working. Had replaced the headlight bulbs about a month ago. Have had no problems prior to the failure. In researching the problem I found a prior recall for the headlight wiring on earlier Honda CR-V's, Pilot and civics. Am wondering if this is a related problem?

- Pittsburg, CA, USA

Oct 052011

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline truck. While driving approximately between 50-75 mph, the contact noticed smoke emitted from underneath the front passenger's side dashboard. The contact maneuvered to the side of the road to inspect the vehicle and detected the air conditioner control head, wiring harness connector and blower motor melted. Immediately the blower motor wires were disconnected and the contact resumed in operation. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 10V001000 (electrical system: Instrument panel). The vehicle was repaired under the recall which included the replacement of the wiring harness connector; however the blower motor protective cover was not installed which was mentioned in the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 76,000.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Feb 102010

Ridgeline 6-cyl

My 2007 Honda Ridgeline was involved in an accident. The vehicle struck another vehicle and due to a short circuit the air bags did not deploy. The consumer stated it was noted by the technician that a short circuit caused by a faulty ground wire disabled the air bag system. Updated 04/28/10

- Casa Grande , AZ, USA

Feb 102010

2007 Honda Ridgeline heater motor stopped blowing. Troubleshoot the problem and found a melted wiring harness. Did some research and found the recall to take place in March. Called hidy Honda to request a fix and was told my vehicle is not covered. Called hondausa and was told the same thing. At this point I need the motor for defrost purposes. I am purchasing the motor on my own and will repair myself if I can get parts at all.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Jun 232009

Ridgeline 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for routine maintenance, an oil change, and a tire rotation. An hour after he arrived back home, he noticed smoke coming from the rear tail light area. Within seconds, flames appeared while the vehicle was parked in the garage. The contact was able to extinguish the flames. The fire department arrived and the insurance company is investigating the failure. The manufacturer stated that there were no recalls and have not received any reports concerning fires with this model vehicle. The manufacturer stated that they would work with the insurance investigators. The issue as well. The dealer stated that the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction. Several parts were replaced in the vehicle, but the contact did not know which ones. The current and failure mileages were 28,000. Updated 08/28/09. Updated 09/02/09.

- Motley, MN, USA

Jul 052009

2007 Honda Ridgeline with approx 52,000 miles the A/C stop blowing for no reason. Took it to freeman Honda dallas, tx. Said bad transistor and blower. Had to wait for parts 2 days. The parts came in and then they said I needed a wire hardness because the wire hardness was melted approx 4 feet in dash. You would think that they would check the wire hardness when they tell you it's the transistor and the blower. Had to wait another day to order wire hardness just to find out that the wire hardness is back order nationwide. The dealership rigged up another warranty wire hardness to get my truck back to me or else I had to wait 3weeks for the wire hardness.they warranty the work for 12,000 or 12 months, but I had to pay out of my pocket $730.83. I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for something that is not my fault. Apparently im not the first one with this issued that's probably why theirs a nation wide back order on wire hardness. My self as well as many others on the internet feel that it is a fire and safety hazard that needs to be recalled by Honda it is not fair to consumers.

- Dallas , TX, USA

Jun 292009

On 6/25/2009 I reported to my Honda dealer my ac was not cooling properly and the A/C fan was continously running even with the A/C off. They told me that they had no loaner cars available and I should return on wed evening 7/1/2009 to drop off me car for repairs.. on Monday am @ 11:04 (roseland NJ police report) I started my Ridgeline and smelled a very acrid odor a few minutes later my car interior filled with smoke and I had to pull over and leave my car. By luck I flagged down a passing police car and he put out the flames and called the fire department my car has 29,400 miles+/- and is still under warranty.the Honda dealer explained to me they knew the problem to be in some switch that controls the fan motor, please tell me how this part has not been recalled and why they let me leave the dealership with out warning me to not operated such a dangerous car. I have found other occasions on the internet where similar Ridgeline experienced the same problem. This was thankfully the only time this happened. The car is at the dealers now. I am afraid to drive it I don't believe it is a safe car.they tell me they will fix it as good as new. Duh! it burned as a new car. This defect has a potential for great tragedy.

- Butler , NJ, USA