1.7

2007 Honda Ridgeline miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Ridgeline:

2007 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Aug 092015

Ridgeline

We were traveling in the adirondacks on 08-09-2015 when suddenly without warning the car started to jerk a few times then as it was in drive I had no forward motion in drive.I pushed the accelerator down and the car acted as if it was in neutral.I slowly came to a stop on the side of the road and saw the radiator and transmission fluid were leaking from the car.we called aaa and had it towed to a garage.the mechanic informed us the radiator was no good and needed to be replaced.the cooling system was bled and the thermostat and radiator replaced.at this time the car was drivable but was still overheating.the mechanic that said he believed it may be a cracked head or head gasket they needed repair.we had to leave our car in the adirondacks and return home in a rental.this was on 08-14-2015. Today is 08-22-2015 and we are still waiting for word on the repair process. My complaint is that after this happened we found out that what happened to us has happened to other ridegline owners.there seems to be a defect in a washer on the radiator that is made from a different alloy from the rest of the vehicle.this washer can fail at any time, and when it does it mixes transmission fluid and radiator fluid together and causes catastrophic damage to the radiator and engine. Could someone please let me know why Honda will not deal with this and issue a recall, also if they do issue a recall in the future will any of it cover the repairs I make now.

- Oswego, NY, USA