9.5

2014 Honda Ridgeline engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Ridgeline:

2014 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Oct 152014

Ridgeline

Upon accelerating from a stop and turning to either the left or right the throttle control would hesitate and not be responsive to further stepping on the gas pedal. It was like a dead zone as the vehicle was moving but the engine would not respond to the depression on the gas pedal. We do not drive the vehicle much being retired but new something was wrong. This is our 3rd Ridgeline since 2005 and never has this happened in prior trucks owned. I thought it was a quirk but it has continued to happen on and off several times and finally I took it to the dealership on 3/16/15 and they could find nothing but did tell me they had another customer with a similar complaint that they again would locate no cause. This has caused us to lose confidence in the vehicle because normally you are crossing opposite lanes of traffic when this occurs and if the engine does not respond and is in a dead like zone for a few seconds, that means we could be involved in an accident. The dealership said they did find on your data base another customer of a 2014 model who reported this engine hesitation or lack of throttle response. Something is definitely wrong and after driving two other Ridgelines for 9 years I know it and now my family is scared to even drive the vehicle. I am filing this complaint and notifying Honda of America formally as well because if this vehicle is involved in an accident I want Honda to be held responsible for this manufacturer defect.

- Nipomo, CA, USA

Jan 212014

Ridgeline

TL-the contact owns a 2014 Honda ridgeway. The contact stated that when the accelerator pedal was depressed and the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. The contact would have to wait several minutes for the vehicle to accelerate. The dealer advised that the vehicle was functioning properly. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000.

- Gainesville, GA, USA