2004 Hyundai Santa Fe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Oct 282008

Santa Fe 2.0 TD 2.0L Td Uk Spec

My Santa Fe TD is only 4years old and has a full service history. i was driving to work and heard a knocking noise from the engine. I stopped the vehicle and had it taken to the dealership by Green Flag assistance. I was informed over 2 weeks later that sludge had been found in the sump of the vehicle and that warranty would not pay as it was my fault down to lack of oil or the wrong oil. I need a brand new engine and I strongly believe that this is no waydown to lack of oil or the wrong oil. We don't have lemon law here in England but I wish we did as I want to take this case to court. It is now Feb and they have just got round to telling me the outcome that the warranty is void! I am so angry argh!!

- , Darlington, Durham, England