2013 Hyundai Santa Fe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Mar 212015

Santa Fe 4-cyl

Car in front of me stopped to avoid running red light at intersection. I tried to brake and thought my anti-lock brakes would stop me but they failed to work properly and I hit the car in front of me. There was very little damage to the car in front of me but $8,000 damage to my car. I took the car to the Hyundai dealer and asked them to check out my brakes and they put their computer on my car and said everything was ok. I have since tested the "anti-lock" on my brakes and they provide too much "anti-lock" and I know how anti-lock should work locking and quickly releasing repeatedly until stopping, but these brakes do not work like that with a feeling of being on ice until just before stopping to work like my previously cars have worked.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA