2013 Hyundai Santa Fe drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 102012

Santa Fe 4-cyl

We bought it 10/5/2012. Within several days of buying it my husband told me it had been stalling out after starting from a stopped position. We also noted it hesitates severely at times during acceleration, including on the highway. We have their blue link with a monthly vehicle report and it has been registering something wrong with the chassis and power train in the reports from Nov. And Dec. 2012. We had it in for service and they could not find anything wrong and they reset the blue link. I changed the date for the report for after it had been reset and now it shows that it logged 4 issues with the power train. Apparently though they can not see at the dealership what it logs" they did show me that they can't see this. We have also had the message "fuel cap not on" but it is. On 12/30/2012 we had it out and it hesitated so badly when getting off and on the highway it lasted almost a full minute each time followed by the check engine light flashing on and off. We do not feel safe driving this vehicle. Did we just get the lemon? I understand "we can't do anything about it unless it's doing it for us", but really what is wrong with this vehicle" we have also notice it does this stuff every other tank of gas, sometimes more frequently. It doesn't matter where we buy the gas at either as we have tried rotating stations every 5 or so fill ups.

- Norwoodyoung America, MN, USA