- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On
- October 31: Hyundai Recalls Sonata To Fix Anti-Lock Brake Warning Light
- October 18: Hyundai Recalls Cars After Front Coil Springs Break
- September 25: Hyundai Recalls 570,000 Cars For Risk of Engine Fires and More
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine won't turnover, won't start6
- need a new starter4
- car fire3
- brake lights stays on1
- dome light comes on during hard turns1
- esc light on1
- fuel gauge not working & fuel light flashing1
- no start after new battery installed1
- tail lights overheated1
- NHTSA: Electrical System123
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System: Inverter2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.