- February 24: Hyundai Sonata Locking Brakes Investigation Closed investigations | 1 days ago
- February 9: Hyundai Recalls 2017 Elantra For Bad Brake Boosters recalls | 16 days ago
- January 2: Investigation Opened Into 2013 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts investigations | 54 days ago
- January 2: Hyundai Sonata Class-Action Lawsuit Will Be Approved news | 54 days ago
- January 1: Hyundai Shattering Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Will Continue news | 55 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine won't turnover, won't start19
- need a new starter10
- air bag light stays on6
- car fire4
- dome light remains on2
- ignition locked2
- power door lock failure2
- power outlets stopped working1
- starts without pressing brake pedal1
- turn signal turns itself on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System198
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System: Inverter2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.