- May 22: Hyundai Sonata Unintended Acceleration Events in Reverse? investigations | 6 days ago
- May 9: Hyundai and Kia Recall 50 Cars to Repair Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- April 28: Hyundai Sonata Engine Lawsuit Nears the End news | 30 days ago
- April 9: Hyundai Recalls Sonata To Repair Power Steering recalls | 49 days ago
- April 5: Hyundai Peeling Paint Lawsuit Blames Self-Healing Properties news | 53 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.