- December 5: Hyundai Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) Lawsuit Filed news | 2 days ago
- November 1: Report: Hyundai Engineer Squeals About Theta II Engine news | 36 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai and Kia Pay $41.2 Million Over Fuel Economy Ratings news | 38 days ago
- October 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Sunroofs That Take Flight recalls | 48 days ago
- October 17: Hyundai Genesis Coupes Recalled to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 51 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine won't turnover, won't start18
- need a new starter8
- air bag light stays on6
- car fire4
- dome light remains on2
- ignition locked2
- power door lock failure2
- power outlets stopped working1
- starts without pressing brake pedal1
- turn signal turns itself on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System193
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System: Inverter2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.