- September 21: Hyundai Recalls Azera To Prevent Seats From Moving recalls | 6 days ago
- September 15: Hyundai Tucson Transmission Recall For Dual-Clutch Transmissions recalls | 12 days ago
- September 7: Hyundai Sonata Locking Rear Brakes Under Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- September 1: Hyundai Genesis Recalled To Fix Instrument Cluster Lights recalls | 26 days ago
- August 20: Hyundai Recalls Elantra To Fix Brake Lights That Stay On recalls | 38 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine won't turnover, won't start18
- need a new starter6
- air bag light stays on4
- car fire4
- dome light remains on2
- ignition locked2
- power door lock failure1
- power outlets stopped working1
- turn signal turns itself on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System186
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System: Inverter2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.