- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 11 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Santa Fe Sport After Engines Seize recalls | 17 days ago
- April 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Stall Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 20 days ago
- March 15: Hyundai Recalls 978,000 Sonata and Sonata Hybrids recalls | 39 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Sonata Locking Brakes Investigation Closed investigations | 58 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 28 of 43)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 12 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 43,980 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: