2016 Hyundai Tucson lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson:

2016 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jul 192016

The first sign of trouble with the vehicle concerned the computerized functions within the vehicle. I could not sync my phone to the car and other issues. The second sign of trouble was when I was on my way to work one rainy morning. I exited the expressway and stopped at the red light. Once the light turned green - the car would not move. I sat there for a few lights attempting to get the car to move. It finally jerked and accelerated very quickly and I immediately took the car to the dealership. I was told that there was nothing wrong with the car because they road tested the car and did not have the same problem. I kept having all sorts of problems after this, such as jerking, lurching, lights flickering in and out, to name a few. The transmission seems to be confused and I consider this car to be quite unsafe to drive. Eventually I took the car back to the dealer and they replaced a hood latch - something I did not even know I needed and performed a software cluster that was supposed to repair the vehicle. They kept the car for a full week. I got the car back and did not have it 24 hours before it started acting up again, but even worse than before. It still shoots out after the accelerator has been tapped gently, lurches and jerks forward, stalls and stops, especially if it is raining. I don't even want to think about trying to drive this car once the winter has set in. I am already afraid to drive it. I have been attempting to communicate with the dealer (world Hyundai of matteson, il ) and Hyundai motors to no avail. I have to pay for a car that is unsafe to drive. I am afraid they aren't going to make any real changes unless someone has a tragic accident and dies.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 252016

A/C digital display brightness is very dim and cannot be adjusted. It is so dim that I am unable to read the display during daytime hours. The instrument display brightness is adjustable. Dealer took a new Tucson off the lot and. It had the same problem. They issued a case number 9227369. Have not heard anything from Hyundai about this design problem.

- Pleasanton, CA, USA