1. change coolant valve (1 reports)
1995 Jeep Cherokee cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Jeep Cherokee:

1995 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Sep 232008

Cherokee Sport 4.0L I6

While driving in town, all of a sudden I see a huge slick of coolant behind my vehicle, as steam starts pouring from under the hood. The temp gauge started screaming at me so I shut off the vehicle, and waited a few minutes to lift the hood. Near the firewall on the passenger side, I see a small plastic T hooked up to 4 different coolant lines, broken right in half. This part is a dealer item, and took 7 business days to get, meanwhile i had to walk to work. All together the part was supposed to cost $97, but they said that enough of these things were falling apart on older units that they cut the price in half, as I frequently found myself in the local parts room of the dodge dealer, cursing.

I've nicknamed my Jeep the "Heap Cherokee", because of 1 solid month of problem after problem. I'm going to make a decal for the back window with a tally for the number of breakdowns...

- , Grande Prairie, AB, Canada