1. no possibility to replace remote control...new supplier (1 reports)
1997 Jeep Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Cherokee:

1997 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Feb 062006

Cherokee Limited 4.0L

my remote controls started wearing out. Jeep could not replace them because they changed suppliers and tried to sell me a complete new and expensive alarm/immobilizer/door opening system. I refused. Then they told me to remove the old system at my cost...quite expensive again. After a few months of pushing and pulling they agreed to remove the old system and the consequence is that I can not use the remote any more to open and close doors...I use the key and alarm/immobilizer is also disconnected since then. It was a very unpleasant situation and it is scandalous that Jeep could not just replace my remote control....little piece of plastic.

- , van Reenen, Free State, South Africa