- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 1 days ago
- May 23: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Compass SUVs That May Roll Away recalls | 3 days ago
- May 19: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Emissions Fix Proposed news | 7 days ago
- April 27: Chrysler Leaking Sunroof Lawsuit Still Alive news | 29 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 32 days ago
1997 Jeep Cherokee
Worst 1997 Cherokee drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- propshaft out of balance1
- strange noises between engine and drive train1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit4
- NHTSA: Power Train3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Universal Joint1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.