- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 5 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Calls Foul on University Emissions Report news | 36 days ago
- June 6: 2012 Jeep Liberty Airbag Lights Under Investigation investigations | 44 days ago
- June 2: Jeep Wrangler Casting Sand Lawsuit Alleges Engine Damage news | 48 days ago
- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 56 days ago
1997 Jeep Cherokee
Worst 1997 Cherokee suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bolt/nut broke off on rear shock absorber1
- rear suspension sagging1
- shocks and bushings need to be replaced1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front4
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Shock Absorber1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing 1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear: Axle: Non-Powered Axle Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.