1998 Jeep Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Jeep Cherokee:

1998 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Feb 102001

Cherokee 4WD

Three days after a 60000 miles service ( done at 58000 ) my Jeep cut-off and locked up my steering completely. My Jeep had to be towed or drag on the towing truck. The second problem was my bolts keeps coming loose, second time, transmission and a cracking noise as a result. Diamlierchrysler customer service said, very rude ms shay, maybe road condition..what hog wash. Is it possible for my Jeep to cut off while driving and completely locking my steering " I wrote the company with out any response. Would my Jeep start falling apart at 60000 miles" this 58000 miles serice plus whatever cause the next problem cost me $1200 in 5 days. Help !!!

- Richmond, VA, USA