2001 Jeep Cherokee miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Cherokee:

2001 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Apr 172014

Im doing interior work on my Jeep purchased Feb 19 2014... 2001 Grand Cherokee sport.... I removed the driver side visor/lighted mirror.. upon this all electric on dash I.e. gas gauge, water temp gauge, RPM, speedometer, the radiom keyless entry and door lock all went off pure shut down on trhem all fuses checked in and out none are blown...... please help cant tell how fast im going or anything

- Panama City, FL, USA

Jul 012002

2001 Jeep cheerokee evaporator failure in ac system. From internet research this is a very common issue. Heard evaporator metal material corrodes (not compatible) with R134 refrigerant. Didn't realize the extent of issue until 2009.

- Aberdeen, NJ, USA

Jun 242008

I have replaced 3 window regulators in my 2001 Jeep Cherokee within the past 2 years, each costing me from $250 to $330. I have talked with Chrysler about this issue and they are aware of the bad design but are not going to help me pay for the next window regulator. A few months ago when the 2nd window regulator failed, the window slowly slid down and it was raining pretty hard, a truck passed by while we were pulling out onto the street and splashed my 1 year old daughter with mud/debri and water. I feel Chrysler needs to step up and take action of their known problems and get this resolved before we see a serious injury.

- Corona, CA, USA

Mar 012002

Vehicle moved forward and crashed into another car while parked. (nar)

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Jan 152003

The end of 2001 we saw the paint was cracking on our 201 Jeep Cherokee. We brought it to the dealer we brought it from and they refused to repair the hood and front of our Jeep. The refusal was made due to the fact that it has been repainted once. We bought the vehicle new and have not done any work to it. We are currently perparing for small claims court to have it repaired. This is our fourth Jeep and our last because of this. This problem should have been taken care of at our dealer and should never have had to go though this hassel. The vehicle was bought at forest lake Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep in forest lake, Minnesota. This is suppose to be a five star dealership.

- Ham Lake, MN, USA