Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How many transmission complaints can a new vehicle really receive? You'd be surprised. Unless you're a 2015 Cherokee owner, then I bet you're not surprised at all.

2015 Jeep Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Cherokee:

2015 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Feb 042015

Cherokee 4-cyl

I bought my Jeep one month ago. Recently I noticed that engine revs up and accelerates by itself as I am trying to stop. I have to control this by pressing the break a little harder. I am afraid I will rear end another car. I had no idea this problem was so common. Now I wish I hadn't purchased this vehicle.

- Montebello , CA, USA

Jan 152015

Cherokee 4-cyl

My vehicle instantaneously picked up speed while I was coming to a stop; my foot was not on the gas pedal. A quick jerking motion of the steering wheel happened quickly with the acceleration. This caused me to press much harder on my brakes to stop my vehicle from hitting a car in front of me. This is a dangerous and very scary problem and I am grateful to not have caused harm to anyone. My gas consumption varies because of the required pedal pressure sometimes needed to accelerate since the gears seem not to switch over as they should. Also, my radio has been blacking out, turning off and on, and failing to work at all. Have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow for what was explained to me as a needed "software update." This is a new truck. My Jeep has not yet made it to the required miles for its first oil change. (sigh).

- Killeen, TX, USA

Jan 262015

Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Car lunges forward when decelerating. Need to press hard on brake to control speed.

- Beachwood, OH, USA

Jan 302015

Cherokee 4WD 4-cyl

The check engine light goes on and the car does not downshift properly. The engine revs up over 2500 rpms and the vehicle accelerates on its own when applying the brakes and trying to slow down. (last night the car revved up to 3200 rpms when coming to a stop.)

- Newtown, CT, USA

Dec 202014

While braking at 24 miles per hour the car abruptly downshifts and causes the vehicle to accelerate. I have noticed the longer I drive the vehicle, it will happen while I am slowing down at higher speeds at well. I have taken the Jeep to the dealership and they have flashed and updated my transmission but they said it was fixed but it was not. It is acting up more than it was before. It is incredibly dangerous to drive this car especially when trying to brake around a curve because it will speed up by itself.

- Smiths Station, AL, USA

Nov 292014

Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Vehicle was traveling on interstate highway when service transmission light came on in the stored messages, then the malfunction indicator light and service engine light came on. Within minutes, driveability issues became apparent with no acceleration and slipping gears/unable to shift into gears. Once the car slowed/stopped, the vehicle was unable to shift into lower gears to move. The vehicle had received the P56 recall to update the computer software to the transmission control module one month prior to this incident.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Oct 092014

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle would suddenly shut off. The contact indicated that after restarting the vehicle, it resumed normal operation. Also, the contact indicated that while at a stop light attempting to accelerate the vehicle hesitated to respond before suddenly accelerating at a higher rate of speed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who did not determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was notified but not solution was offered. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 23.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA