2016 Jeep Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Cherokee:

2016 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments

Sep 122016

I had my 2016 Jeep Cherokee in to service at about mileage 1800. The Jeep dealer reported to me that he upgraded my software to the latest and greatest and produced a software upgrade number which meant nothing to me, but the dealer assured me that certain fixes were addressed, including the important parking break improvement, where if the car is placed into park, and the driver door is opened, then the parking-break would/should be automatically engauged. Yesterday, the first time this feature should have been automatically activated, it did not work. I am usually very good in deploying the parking break, but not this one time -- I pulled up on the switch rather than pushed it down to deploy the parking break (or opposite.) my point is that the automatic deployment of the parking break did not occur. Further, in the waining California sun, the amber led used by Fiat/Chrysler is not sufficient and a really poor color choice. It is impossible to see the led on the parking break. What kind of stupid chooses a led that is probably the least visible to see? the led matches the color of the sun (sort of.) green is much more visible. Red is better than amber.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Oct 292015

Brand new car with 2 miles on it. Brakes were weak feeling. Dealer is replacing the entire system, powerbooster, master cylinder, and lines. Had my wife and baby in it. Dealer said it is not safe to drive.

- Rohnert Park, CA, USA