8.5

$4,000.00

1. replace engine (2 reports)
  2. don't buy chrysler products (1 reports)
2002 Jeep Liberty engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Aug 122010

Liberty Sport V6

This car has been nothing but problems. The car started stalling while driving, sputtering and the RPMS would just go crazy up and down. It was back firing and I almost got killed driving it. The cam sensor was replaced along with the oxy sensor, now it comes to find out it is the 3rd cylinder. They want 7,500 for parts alone at the jeep dealer. That doesn't include labor. Needless to say the car is still sitting and I am PISSED!!!

- , Runnemede, New Jersey, USA

Mar 072010

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Well the valve spring broke the valve dropped smacked the piston now there are oil and metal shavings on the piston dont know if it busted the piston but im pissed off cause its a jeep related problem and they wont fix it now i have to replace an engine and its not cheap i think its unfair and chrysler should fix it its not just my car cause upon googling jeep liberty valve problems its happened to many many many jeep owners

- , Wooster, Ohio, USA

Dec 272008

Liberty 3.2L V6

Valve slipped. It will eventually be sucked into the engine and blow it. Vehicle is only slightly over 72,000 miles. Estimate to fix is over $3,000. Given its existing electrical problems and two failed transmissions, I'm going to sell it for parts and scrap. Its garbage! When I bought it new, it was reportedly the most American made vehicle. Roughly 87% of all parts and assembly were American and I bought it, in part, out of a sense of patriotism. Now, Chrysler gets a bailout with my tax money and I get to buy a bus pass. Of all of its many problems, nothing has been covered under the warranty.

- , Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Aug 142007

Liberty Limited 3.7L

In the past 10 months our Jeep Liberty 2002 has had all it's valves changed. It is time for Chrysler to recall the 2002 Liberty

- , Pasadena, CA, USA