2002 Jeep Liberty engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jun 012014

Liberty Limited V6

Twice this happened. Could have been very serious. I was in the middle of a very busy intersection, I applied the brakes, the motor accelerated fully, I had to literally stand on the brakes to hold the car and take it out of gear before it would release. Twice I have taken to the dealership, they claim they can't find anything wrong. I feel like I'm driving a time bomb.

- , Lebanon, KY, USA