8.0

1. took a buckle arm from the back seat, replaced bad one (1 reports)
2002 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Apr 202010

Liberty Limited 4wd 3.7L V6

Driver seat belt buckle broken, can't open it. The dealership wants $200 for the buckle arm replacement! I'm sorry, but when I couldn't get out of my car because of poor manufacturing or design, Jeep should replace it for free and apologize for the inconvenience. Seems like this problem is fairly common, but when I wrote to Jeep, they told me the dealership would have to diagnose the problem. Now they're recalling my car to fix an air bag problem, but my temporary fix means no hookup to the bag on my side. I don't know how many complaints they have to get to consider this buckle problem a safety issue. Then the dealer had the nerve to suggest an auto wrecking place for the part!!

- , Albany, OR, USA