2002 Jeep Liberty steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jun 112004

Liberty 6-cyl

My girlfriend and I own a 2002 Jeep Liberty which we recently took to the dealer for a ball joint recall. When we took the vehicle to the dealer I asked the service manager if the car wouldl be re-alligned and he said that will be $100 extra. I can't understand how Chrysler Corp. Can let a customer walk into a dealer with a perfectly alligned vehicle and leave with a car that is totally out of allignment. How is this fixing a "safety" problem that Chrysler created" how can Chrysler put safety in the wallets of it's customers?? we ended up taking the vehicle down the street to our local mechanic that did the allignment for $50. I contacted Chrysler re-call dept and they denied my $50 re-embursement. Should I get a lawyer involved in this matter? I am just looking to make an SUV safe for all in the future. There are so many case out there of SUV's flipping over due to bad tires, defective front end parts etc.. what should I do" any advise would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely robert watson.

- Royal Palm Bch, FL, USA