5.6

2003 Jeep Liberty accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jan 012006

Liberty

Window regulators keep on failing. I have had to replace the regulator in each window at least once, and 2 of them have been replaced more than once. I am about to replace my 7th regulator. 3 months ago the regulator failed on my driver's side - back seat door. It got itself hung in the door panel and couldn't open the door, so had to take it to the garage to get fixed. This is not the first complaint, nor the last so something should be done to resolve these issues. The regulator itself still worked, but the housing the chain stays in would break and cause the chain to come out the door panel, and knock the window off its track and damage the glass!

- Ashland, VA, USA

Nov 302015

Liberty

I have a few issues and questions. I purchased my Jeep thru navy exchange sales in 2003, new. I lived in singapore 2007-2013, all recalls posted for these years were not performed on my vehicle as the car was in storage and no one drove it. How can I get these previous years recalls completed for my 2003 Liberty Jeep? I currently have a outstanding recall from Nov 2015 that was reviewed by the Jeep dealer southern Jeep, located on military highway and I have yet to receive any feedback wrt the status of the repair, evaluation etc... my rear window defrost mechanism is inoperable; it has been repair about 5 times by Jeep dealers, it was a recall a few years back and guess what, it still doesn't work and the wire is just hanging there in a non-working status. Help! I'm a loyal Jeep owner, I have (2), this may change....? pls advise@: samuel.fuller@navy.mil

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 122007

Liberty

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. While driving at an unknown speed, an abnormal pop sound emitted from the vehicle as the rear driver side window fell into the door without warning. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the window motor regulator needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 12,000.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Apr 192007

Liberty

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. When the rear window was opened and/or closed, the cable snapped and both rear windows fractured. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The details of the repairs were unknown. The approximate mileage was 52,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 11/19/15

- Midlothian, TX, USA