Recall For Rear End Collision Protection Of Gas Tank Fires

8.0

1. added step bar to chrysler installed trailer hitch (2 reports)
2003 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jan 032017

Liberty Sport 3.7L

More than 50 people are dead with fire in their Jeep Liberty 2003, and thisis just in 2016 that Jeep make their safety recall for the problem of leaks in the gas tank. And just after the recall in Jeep Ray Brandt Dodge Inc in Harvey LA (New Orleans) just watch how their recall is safe for my daughter and me.

This problem came when Jeep Ray Brandt Dodge in Harvey LA did the safety recall of my Jeep Liberty 2003 about the gas tank and the airbag. Nothing electrical is working anymore, the windows, the fuel pump, etc... they said it was like that before and asked me to pay a test of $130.

- , New Orleans, LA, USA

Oct 012014

Liberty Limited 3.7L

We own a 2003 Jeep Liberty which we bought new. Since then, we have taken it back to the dealership a few times for recalls, including the installation of a trailer hitch as part of Chrysler so-called remedy for rear end crashes. In my opinion, this solution to a major design flaw ( a plastic gas tank mounted between the rear axle and bumper) is inadequate. Anyway, I got the idea of buying a step bar through an on-line auto parts retailer. This bar is heavy-duty tubular steel, is about 36" long, and slips into the receiver. For about $150. I think it will offer more protection from distracted drivers, at least until I trade it in. John.

- , Leominster, MA, USA