6.0

1. added step bar to chrysler installed trailer hitch (1 reports)
2003 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Liberty Limited 3.7L

We own a 2003 Jeep Liberty which we bought new. Since then, we have taken it back to the dealership a few times for recalls, including the installation of a trailer hitch as part of Chrysler so-called remedy for rear end crashes. In my opinion, this solution to a major design flaw ( a plastic gas tank mounted between the rear axle and bumper) is inadequate. Anyway, I got the idea of buying a step bar through an on-line auto parts retailer. This bar is heavy-duty tubular steel, is about 36" long, and slips into the receiver. For about $150. I think it will offer more protection from distracted drivers, at least until I trade it in. John.

- , Leominster, MA, USA