2003 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Dec 162006

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Something was preventing my seat belt from being latched. I looked down to find something that looked like a round metal bead stuck inside. I pried it out with a pen. I was then able to latch the seat belt. Then about a week later while driving my seat belt came unlatched. I relatched it only to have it happen over and over again. I went to the dealer to find out I have to buy an entire new seat belt assembly. You cannot buy just the buckle. After researching this website, I see there is an investigation on 2002 Jeep Liberty seat belt buckles. My car is 2003, however, the dealer informed me that 2002-2005 are the same part.

- Reading, PA, USA