2004 Jeep Liberty body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 062012

Liberty

The contact owns 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that he went to lift the hood of the vehicle but the hydraulic rods failed and the hood would not remain upright. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 204,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Aug 162012

Liberty 6-cyl

Vehicle indicated that passenger front door was ajar, this after ten minutes of driving. Door was in fact not ajar. Passenger opened and closed door just to check, door then would no longer fully close. Pulled manual lock to see if it was stuck, whole piece came out. Smoke started pouring out of hole and door metal was very hot to the touch. Removed door panel to put out fire inside. Lock actuator motor melted down and parts were smoldering. During this process the electronic back glass popped open as well and will no longer latch either. Chrysler recalled some 2004 Liberty's for these motors overheating and seizing, was informed that this vehicle was not included and that we should have 'maintained the wiring in the door'. this vehicle is meticulously maintained!

- Chapin, SC, USA

Mar 082012

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that the passenger front door would not allow the passenger to open the vehicle from the outside, but instead the contact would have to open the vehicle by reaching into the vehicle and pulling the interior door latch. A local mechanic diagnosed that the door latch motor was defective. The vehicle was not repaired. The dealer and manufacturer were notified of the failure assistance with repairs to the vehicle. The failure and the current mileage was approximately 96,000.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Sep 212010

Liberty

I have owned my 2004 Jeep Liberty for since November of 2003. Since that time I have replaced the rear window regulators 6 times. Now that my extended service contract is running out, I contact Jeep and was told that they would consider helping me on an incident by incident basis. I don't understand why this isn't a manufacturing problem and should not be addressed by the company. I have $600 invested in this problem and don't feel that I should have to invest more of my hard earned money for a manufacturing defect.

- Tucson, AZ, USA