6.8

2. replace catalytic converter (1 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

May 072015

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Jeep doesn't run like it should. Wish I would have never bought a Liberty

- , Saint Albans, USA

Feb 022015

Liberty SUV 6 cyl

i purchase this 2004 Jeep Liberty January 30, 2015 from a young man, he told me the vehicle had no problems, he charged me 3400.00 dollars for this vehicle. Had I known he wasn't honest I would of never purchased this vehicle. However, the EVAP system appears to have several problems. I tried taking it for a smoke test to see where the problems really lies, however, I haven't had the change. I don't know what to do.

Not only that, the oil lamp comes on. Once I got the oil changed I started having problems with this vehicle.

- , New York, Bronx, USA

Jun 242013

Liberty Sport 3.2L V6

Fricken engine light on AGAIN! I have had it to the mechanic probably 10 times and they can't figure out what it is. Ran diagnostic and it stated gas cap. Changed gas cap then diagnostic said vacuum leak. Mechanic (IDIOT) COULDN'T FIND A LEAK. I (female) took it home because I was done dealing with stupid and the very first hose I checked was cracked and hard as a rock. I replaced the hose, engine light still on replaced another hose and 3 way coupling, engine light went off. Engine light came back on. I did the ole turn key on off on off on and engine light went off for about a week. Engine light still on. I ran a home diagnostic on it, codes P1294 and P2055 come up now.

- , Apple Valley, CA, USA

Jul 102012

Liberty Limited 3.7L

could not get sticker in 2012, needed a new catalytic converter because engine light was on

- , Boston, MA, USA

Jul 102013

Liberty Limited 3.7L

engine light on again, had a friend put a code reader in, and it said "efficiency below threshold bank 2". Not sure what this means, but it is with mechanic now and it also may be the throttle

- , Boston, MA, USA