1. refill with good gas (1 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Feb 012009

I went out to start my Jeep one morning and there was noise coming from the engine. I drove it to work and it ran fine, but was making that noise. I took it into the Jeep dealer where I bought it and left it so they could check it out. Later that day when I called the service dept. to check on it I was told that I needed a new engine. The assistant service manager told me it would cost about $4,000.00 for a rebuilt engine. I told him I had to think about it. I kept driving it and a few days later refilled the gas tank. I went out the next morning and it ran fine, the noise was gone and has never come back. I had bad gas that caused the trouble. I had to pay the Jeep dealer $100.00 for them to tell me I needed an engine when I didn't. I called their corporate office to complain and was told I could take it to another dealer to have it checked. I told the guy he must be nuts if he thought I was going to give them another $100.00. I think my money should have been refunded. This service manager was a rip-off. The repair estimate he gave me only said there was noise from the engine, nothing itemized, and that it would cost $4,000.

- , Lake Station, IN, USA