2004 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Oct 172016

Liberty 6-cyl

I bought the car used after I've been hit in the back from somebody and I no longer had my Subaru or the money to buy another Subaru so I was stuck buying this car in the meantime and the windows work but only for a little bit 6 hours after I bought the car the engine light turned on course it didn't have any transmission fluid so I put some in but one window dropped had to pull it out and now the driver door does completely will not roll up or rolled down and then I see that they have done some work to it because I didn't notice when I bought it that the door has power they have opened it another issue is that I washed my car when I call the person that bought it was a little small dealership I stated that I washed the car he stated to me to me "you washed the car?" I said yes I didn't ask any questions however the next day the front left headlight went out and it cost me $15 so not sure what else I can do it appears that there was a recall there is a recall on the fuel tanker what not they can catch fire I would like the recall to be repaired also I should have noticed that the car occasionally randomly feel like it's fishtailing while I'm driving I was struck by a vehicle on the freeway while I was walking after my Jeep Grand Cherokee that I had prior to my Subaru completely died on the middle of the freeway I began to walk to the call box when I was struck by a car so I have to have a safe car I am a single mother and grandmother thank you for your attention in this matter.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 192016

Liberty

I was approaching the onramp, & as I turned on I heard a noise. Thinking I had a flat I immediately pulled off to check my tires upon rounding the rear of my vehicle I saw liquid on the ground upon backing up a step I could see it was my gas tank with the broken brackets. I thank god there were no sparks & that I was not yet @ speed on the interstate. I was terrified as to how close to death I possibly was. Then I find out here that it had happened 1 other time (that's reported here) but not to the manufacturer. Now I'm out of my vehicle while being repaired and out of work till it's fixed. This should never have to come out of my pocket but will because of negligence. I only wish I had though to take pictures before it was loaded & towed to the garage.

- Lost Creek, WV, USA

Apr 042016

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. After the vehicle was parked, smoke emitted into the interior without warning. The contact was able to exit the vehicle, lift the hood, and discovered that the front of the vehicle was on fire. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel injectors failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 198,000.

- Manchester Township, NJ, USA

Dec 032013

Liberty

The contact owned a 2004 Jeep Liberty. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle caught fire and burst into flames. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a lot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 06V288000 (suspension) and 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 302014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cedarbluff, VA, USA

May 012015

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) was received in May 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jan 012014

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure); however, the recall part was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Castle Hayne, NC, USA

Aug 012015

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 12V085000 (suspension) and 13V252000 (fuel, gasoline, structure) however, the part was not made available. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 to 25 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle did not restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Prospect Heights, IL, USA

Jul 312014

14440 new falls of neuse

- Raleigh, NC, USA

May 062015

Liberty

I just purchased the car and found that the car has an outstanding recall. It is Chrysler recall #N46 or NHTSA #13V-252. Which is related to potential fire from rear end collision. I just called Jeep Chrysler at 5130 nesconsett hwy, port jefferson station, NY 11776. They indicated to me that there is a 6 month waiting period in order to get the car in to fix the recalled item. I think that is an unreasonable amount of time to have to wait to fix this potentially disastrous issue. Is this ok? I would like to be able to get this done much sooner as I fear for my family's safety.

- Stony Brook, NY, USA

Dec 302013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 6/22/15

- Evansville, IN, USA

Apr 142015

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.... updated 06-02-15 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired. Updated 7/2/2015

- Livingston, TX, USA

May 102013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that a white cloudy smoke emitted from the front of the vehicle and into the inner compartment. The contact noticed sparks and pulled over to the side of the road as a fire erupted under the hood. The fire department was able to extinguish the flames. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The VIN was not available. The contact was later notified of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) years after the failure occurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000. MA 10/25/15

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Apr 132015

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Apr 092015

Liberty 4WD 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure...updated 05/20/15 the vehicle was repaired on 4/27/2015. Updated 7/6/2015

- Marcellus, NY, USA

Mar 052013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ocean City, MD, USA

Jan 202015

Liberty 6-cyl

Chrysler sent me a letter informing me of recall N46. I am seeking reimbursement for an oem hitch that I had installed prior to the recall. I have spoken to Chrysler many times over the last 2 years and followed their instructions for inspection and submission of documentation for the oem hitch. I have a case # from Chrysler. Despite repeated promises to call me and /or process the refund, I have had no contact from Chrysler. My latest attempt to contact them was 1/20/15, at which point I was told I would be contacted within a week. What do I have to do to get the refund?

- Webster, NY, USA

Mar 102015

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

I just purchased this vehicle and was notified by a friend who owns an identical vehicle that a recall had been in force for a potential fuel leak problem. I checked and the vehicle has no remedy for this scenario.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Jul 152014

- Radford, VA, USA

Oct 232014

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Took Jeep to dealer (10,23,2014) for recall to have a trailer hitch installed, still waiting for part to be shipped to dealer. Over three and one half months is not acceptable.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA