2004 Jeep Liberty lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jan 012013

For years, I have had the problem with my headlights flicking on and off. I have taken it to the dealership many times, where they act like they don't believe me. I was pulled over one evening and thank goodness the officer gave me a warning. I keep in my car, the receipts from the dealership so the police know it is not an issue I am trying to avoid. I also drive country roads where we don't always have street lights, which is very dangerous!

- , Lebanon, PA, USA

Dec 032012

Liberty 3.2L

This is a on going problem. There is no reason, it will happen anytime, you never no when the lights will flash on or off. I will always hear a clicking sound coming from the left side by steering wheel. I will be driving at night down the road and the lights will be flashing on and off. I am sure the other cars on the road think what is this person doing.

I took the Jeep to Car-X, they were aware of this problem with other customers. They advised to take to Chrysler dealership, so I did. They could not find any codes as to a problem. They tried to duplicate all types of conditions and they found nothing----This is a hazard when driving at night and I work nights. Chrysler needs to do something about this before something tragic happens not after.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Nov 152013

I was driving home at about 9 pm on a busy interstate and my headlights flashed on and off while hearing a clicking noise like a relay clicking.

- , Dayton, OH, USA