2. replace ball joints (1 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Nov 102015

Liberty Sport V6

A recall of the 2004 Jeep Liberty ball joints was put in place AUG 3, 2006. My recall was fixed January of 2007. Twice since, the ball joints have had to be replaced and I am out 2500 dollars. This is crappy service from Jeep. If it's a recall, they should be responsible for the bill. I have owned 6 Jeeps in the last 20 years, and I will never buy another one of their products if they can't stand behind them. I called Chrysler and was told nothing of value. I basically bought a crappy vehicle, and I will not recommend Jeep to anyone.

- , White Hall, AR, USA

Feb 012013

Liberty Sport 3.6L V6

Earlier this year my Liberty started to feel very sort of shaky and kind of like the car wasn't attached to the wheels. This felt very unsafe to drive and I took it to my mechanic. He replaced the upper ball joints as well as few other things totaling in $1200 worth of repairs. Just last week I noticed that my Jeep is starting to shake and shimmy again. I can not afford to pump another $1200 into. Add in my window regulators always breaking and I'm through in cheap ass quality vehicles. No wonder Chrysler is rated so low by Consumer Reports.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Dec 142011

Liberty Columbia Edition 3.7L

my upper ball joints r gone now but no recall to my knowledge as did the lower ball joints go in this car early on about 1 yr. into the new loan but was fact recalled and fixed

- , Cape Cod, MA, USA