4.0

2004 Jeep Liberty transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jan 042011

Liberty Sport 3.7L

Ok so.... my mother in law has been driving my 2004 Jeep Liberty and now the gear shift is squeaking very bad. Its almost like a crunching noise. By the way, it's an automatic. Anyway, I suspect she spilled soda inside the gear shift case and this is what is causing the problem. I don't think its going to cause long term problems but its extremely annoying and I'm looking for a solution. Possibly WD40? I don't know but would like to find a way to fix this annoyance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

- , South Point, OH, USA